ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employment Letter & Work Absence Letter questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ccaamm
Newly Registered
New Zealand

ILR Employment Letter & Work Absence Letter questions

Post by ccaamm » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:17 pm

Hello,

I've found this board incredibly helpful, and I know this topic is an often asked one, but I haven't been able to find answers to my specific questions here after perusing a lot of the threads so I thought I'd ask directly and hopefully get an answer once and for all to help steer my application.

Application is ILR - 5 Years - Set O.

Required documents/evidence for these questions:
  • Employment letter from sponsor
  • Letter from employer detailing periods of annual leave from the UK
Questions:

1. My employer seems content with providing any evidence or documentation in a single letter, does anyone know if it would be a problem for me to submit my employment letter from sponsor and letter from employer detailing periods of annual leave from the UK as a single two-section letter, since my sponsor is my employer, or should I put my foot down to have these separated? Seems trivial, I know...

2. As I have detailed my absences from the UK during my time here within the online application, is it simply enough for my employer to provide a list of my annual leave during this time in a format of:

Date start - Date end - number of annual paid leave
Year total

Year total

As they have rightly pointed out, they don't know how I use my leave. I would have taken annual leave and not spent this time abroad, but I don't see this being an issue.

Anything I should be aware of you may have picked up from reading this?

Thank you in advance!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Employment Letter & Work Absence Letter questions

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:44 pm

There is no need for multiple letters.
Please read: indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888
Your employer simply can mention your absences were authorised by them. They are not expected to confirm absences from the UK (they would not know this obviously)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ccaamm
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by ccaamm » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:40 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:44 pm
There is no need for multiple letters.
Please read: indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888
Your employer simply can mention your absences were authorised by them. They are not expected to confirm absences from the UK (they would not know this obviously)
Thanks Zimba.

Just to clarify your second point, my employer simply needs to say my absences were authorised by them, and don't actually need to list my annual leave dates taken throughout the years with the letter?

That's great if that's the case, just makes the wording from UKVI very confusing.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:24 pm

The wording in the online list does not reflect the rules in place
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier2GeneralQueries
Newly Registered
India

Post by tier2GeneralQueries » Mon May 09, 2022 4:08 pm

Just landed in the same situation. My employer states the following without confirming any dates, will this be enough?
X is entitled to 25 days’ annual leave per year, in addition to bank holidays. All absences have
been taken in line with his annual holiday entitlement and he has not taken any unpaid leave
@ccaamm did you also not provide detailed dates and hope you have a good outcome of your application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 11, 2022 12:04 pm

tier2GeneralQueries wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 4:08 pm
Just landed in the same situation. My employer states the following without confirming any dates, will this be enough?
X is entitled to 25 days’ annual leave per year, in addition to bank holidays. All absences have
been taken in line with his annual holiday entitlement and he has not taken any unpaid leave
@ccaamm did you also not provide detailed dates and hope you have a good outcome of your application?
Yes it is enough. This has been repeatedly covered