ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for CHILDREN on Tier 2 Five Year Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smilememon
Newly Registered

ILR for CHILDREN on Tier 2 Five Year Route

Post by smilememon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi
If someone is eligible for ILR on basis of Tier 2 Visa Five year route in June 2020.
His two sons came to UK on tier 2 dependent in November 2017.
Will his children be eligible for ILR along with him at the same time or they have to complete 5 years to apply for ILR like his father ?
Children age is 10 and 12 years old .
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for CHILDREN on Tier 2 Five Year Route

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:35 pm

They will qualify for ilr when the other parent does if the parent doesn't qualify when he does or at the time both parents are applying for ilr.

Who are you asking for?? Your previous posts suggest your spouse is in an FLR m spouse visa??

immigration-for-family-members/flrm-spo ... l#p1877879
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smilememon
Newly Registered

Post by smilememon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Yes my previous post was for my spouse for FLRM

This I am asking for a friend who will apply for his ILR in June 2020 .
His wife came to UK along with his 2 children as their 2 dependent in November 2017.
So what I have understood that children will not be eligible for ILR when his father will apply for ILR in June 2020!
Please correct me if have misunderstood.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Children will qualify when the other parent does.

PBS route does not permit children to apply for ilr with only one parent while the other only has a dependent visa and doesn't meet the ilr requirement yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:38 am

smilememon wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:12 pm
So what I have understood that children will not be eligible for ILR when his father will apply for ILR in June 2020!
The general rule/rule-of-thumb for the UK Immigration status of children born abroad is that they follow the immigration path of the less-privileged parent.

They will be eligible for ILR when the second parent is granted ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.