ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zakuta
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependents

Post by zakuta » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Hello,

I am applying for ILR for my wife and Daughter. She first came to UK in Feb 2014 and then she went home in June 2014 and returned back to UK in December 2015. Her second extension is now till January 2021 but she has already completed her 5 Years in the UK. At the moment we came home in March 2020 and the 180 days would be competed in September 2020. So my question is does the 180 days rule apply on her as being my dependent. She has already spend sometime outside UK for some valid reason in 2014 as mentioned above. Please advise?

Also I am a British passport holder and my question is do I need to provide the financial requirements in the ILR application as well?

Many Thanks,

Zac

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:10 pm

There is no absence limit for spouse visa holders. The 180 days absence applies to a completely different visa category.

For ilr she needs liuk and English B1 tests and yes, you have to meet all the financial requirements again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:17 pm

She will also has to supply 6 piece of documents (if joint named) otherwise 12 covering the last 2 years from 3 different sources for making the application successful.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zakuta
Newly Registered

Post by zakuta » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 pm

Many Thanks for the useful input. Regarding the Financial requirements -- I had a job from Oct 2019 till Mar 2020 and then it was finished. Then the lock down happened. I was on 58k salary, so for those 6 months I can easily fulfil the threshold, which would be around 20k something. Before that I was contractor through my limited company but for most of 2019 the market was quite -- so I think I don't need to show that.

I read somewhere on homeoffice link that after March due to the pandemic they won't consider anything. So If I could prove 6 months prior to March I should be fine. Can you please confirm this?

As I need recommendation that should I apply ASAP, I mean in Aug/Sep and come back to UK to make the application. As the visa expires January next year but she has already completed her 5 years.Please advise?

Any link to the current form would be useful.

Thanks a lot

Zac

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:41 pm

zakuta wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 pm
I read somewhere on homeoffice link that after March due to the pandemic they won't consider anything. So If I could prove 6 months prior to March I should be fine. Can you please confirm this?
I doubt you would be covered because temporary concession applies where there is a loss of income instead loss of job. Read about it in full detail at below:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
zakuta wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 pm
As I need recommendation that should I apply ASAP, I mean in Aug/Sep and come back to UK to make the application. As the visa expires January next year but she has already completed her 5 years.Please advise?

Any link to the current form would be useful.

Thanks a lot

Zac
Better to find a new job and apply just before of the expiry. Following is the form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zakuta
Newly Registered

Post by zakuta » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:58 am

Thanks for the information:
My point being even in the period Oct 2019 till March 2020 I have earned 27K which is above the requirements for the dependent with a child (18k+3k) -- so I met the threshold in the first 6 months, so taking this into account I can still apply for the ILR around October time. Please advise -- is my assumption is correct?

Thanks,

Zak

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:13 am

Previous earnings won’t be counted as income unless you have a current job. However, would you have sufficient savings?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zakuta
Newly Registered

Post by zakuta » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:15 pm

/Thanks Vinny

Even if the account is outside UK? How much do I need to show and for how long? Please advice?