ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from Spouse Visa - Bank Statements ATOM BANK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RP4000000
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR from Spouse Visa - Bank Statements ATOM BANK

Post by RP4000000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:03 pm

Hi people

I am starting to get our documents in order for my Indian wife's spouse visa to ILR application coming up this December 2021.

I have over £36k as cash savings in a personal instant savers bank account in my name (British passport holder) with a bank called ATOM Bank. I want to use this cash savings as part of her ILR application as proof to support her financially however, the bank in question is a 100% digital bank (with no branches to visit) and all the statements are downloadable from a mobile app.

From previous spouse visa applications, I remember that we had to get our bank statements stamped in the branch for authenticity - is this still required? If so, I will need to move my savings to a more common bank such as HSBC or Lloyds to be safe.

Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR from Spouse Visa - Bank Statements ATOM BANK

Post by manci » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:27 pm

according to current rules bank statements must be:

(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

Suggest to ask Atom if exceptionally they would help in order to keep you as customer
customersupport@atombank.co.uk
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

RP4000000
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: ILR from Spouse Visa - Bank Statements ATOM BANK

Post by RP4000000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi Nanci

Yes, that's what I thought also. Thank you for the suggestion.

Kind regards
RP