ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IlR from tier 2 general guidance please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Habel2
Newly Registered
Canada

Applying for ILTR from tier 2 visa

Post by Habel2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Hello everyone.

I am trying to help my wife apply for indefinite leave to remain in this country. I have done lots of research but am unsure on a particular sticking point whether she is entitled to.

So basically my wife has been in this country for 2 years previously on a youth mobility visa, where she got a full time job while here. They were willing to sponsor her so she has since been on a 5 year tier 2 visa which expires on Oct 9.

She is a teacher and currently on M6 payscale. Which is ~£34,000. Which I know does not meat the threshold. However she is currently applying and entitled to upper payscale which pays ~£37,000 so will meet the threshold.

The thing I am unsure of tho is the timings... As we will have to apply for the visa before the current one expires, presumably Oct 8th latest. She is currently applying for upper pay school, this then gets put to the chair of goveneers by her head teacher and they decide if she is entitled to it. My wife's boss is confident she will get it though. She should receive confirmation that she has got upper payscale by the end of sept. The only issue is she won't receive the increased wage untill the November pay check. This will be back dated to the beginning of term though (beginning of September).

So I guess my question is, is it sufficient to apply and get ILR when you have been told you are getting a payrise, can even have it in writing from the employer, but we won't have an actual payslip with the amount on until November?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILTR from tier 2 visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 pm

She needs a physical payslip and corresponding bank statement to prove she meets the requirement.

What date was her initial tier 2 visa issued?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Habel2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Habel2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Ah rite... This might not work then..

It was issued on Oct 14th 2014

And expires on November the 6th 2019

Habel2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Habel2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Sorry above dates are for her current tier 2 general work visa.

Her previous visa was a youth mobility visa.
Started 28/9/2012 until 28/9/2014

This was not able to be extended so she had to leave the country for a few weeks to apply for her current visa

Habel2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Habel2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:21 am

Bump @cr001

Habel2
Newly Registered
Canada

IlR from tier 2 general guidance please

Post by Habel2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:27 am

Hello everyone.

I am trying to help my wife apply for indefinite leave to remain in this country. I have done lots of research but am unsure on a particular sticking point whether she is entitled to.

So basically my wife has been in this country for 2 years previously on a youth mobility visa, where she got a full time job while here. They were willing to sponsor her so she has since been on a 5 year tier 2 visa which expires on Oct 9.

She is a teacher and currently on M6 payscale. Which is ~£34,000. Which I know does not meat the threshold. However she is currently applying and entitled to upper payscale which pays ~£37,000 so will meet the threshold.

The thing I am unsure of tho is the timings... As we will have to apply for the visa before the current one expires, presumably Oct 8th latest. She is currently applying for upper pay school, this then gets put to the chair of goveneers by her head teacher and they decide if she is entitled to it. My wife's boss is confident she will get it though. She should receive confirmation that she has got upper payscale by the end of sept. The only issue is she won't receive the increased wage untill the November pay check. This will be back dated to the beginning of term though (beginning of September).

So I guess my question is, is it sufficient to apply and get ILR when you have been told you are getting a payrise, can even have it in writing from the employer, but we won't have an actual payslip with the amount on until November?

Her current tier 2 visa was issued on Oct 14th 2014

And expires on November the 6th 2019

Her previous visa was a youth mobility visa.
Started 28/9/2012 until 28/9/2014

This was not able to be extended so she had to leave the country for a few weeks to apply for her current visa.

She expects to get it writing that she has been moved up to upper payscale by the 29th Oct latest. How ever won't be paid till following month's pay, so won't have an actually payslip or bank statement with the salary that meets the freshold.