ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR GAP BETWEEN employers

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

YummyYummy
Newly Registered

ILR GAP BETWEEN employers

Post by YummyYummy » Tue May 18, 2021 8:18 pm

I need some advice.
1.I am aware that the gap between employers does not disqualify someone from ILR Application. however during my tier 2 GAP between employers, I tried applying for a masters course I. E. tier 4 visa which was rejected but then I subsequently got another job and tier 2 visa. Does this affect my ILR.

2.I also had to do some work because I needed to survive would this affect my getting the ILR or should I not mention that in my ILR application or should I apply at all.

3. Do I need a letter from all my previous employers explaining I did not take any unauthorised leave

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR GAP BETWEEN employers

Post by zimba » Wed May 19, 2021 10:09 am

1. If your Tier 2 visa was valid through all that time then there is no issue
2. If you worked illegally you were in breach of the rules and ILR may be refused
3. Ideally yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

YummyYummy
Newly Registered

Post by YummyYummy » Wed May 19, 2021 10:15 am

With regard to question 2 So should I just risk and submit it. Or should I seek legal advice as my career is dependent on the visa. Have people submitted and received their ILR

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 19, 2021 10:58 am

YummyYummy wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:15 am
With regard to question 2 So should I just risk and submit it. Or should I seek legal advice as my career is dependent on the visa. Have people submitted and received their ILR
Under Tier 2 visa you were not allowed to work for anyone other than your sponsor. You worked illegally and that UKVI will not grant ILR to people who break those rules. I am not sure what legal advice will do for you. That is not how the immigration rules work
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice