ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR guidance - Annex F

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

oluwa112

Re: waiting for ilr decision

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:23 pm

syed8550 wrote:Hi
I was a student and applied for ilr on the basis of long term residency of children spent full time in school for 7 years under article 8 of uchr. application was submitted on 31/03/09, payment taken on 7/4/09. recieved a letter from home office on 2/07/09that your application is valid and need some enquiries and passed to a team where these enquiries are made. after that nothing received. can Any one has similar case advise me.
Its past 14 weeks since your letter was issued with regards to Them needing further enquiries, I would sugget that you call them and ask what is going on, better still if you still have the letter they sent to you Look up the name of the person that signed the letter an dtry to e-mail them. But at this stage I would really ask that you call them and find out what is going on.

I am kind of in the same situation applying on the 10 year route but I went in person in Liverpool BAck in August. My same day service was declined and I was given a Letter Similar to your, My application is valid but futher queries where needed and will be passed on to the team where these queries woould be made.

After 10wks of waiting I decieded to e-mail the interviewing officer that signed, You can have a look at the e-mail I sent and her reply:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=40

If your case worker is Nice enough she might reply you, but you can at least try. When i e-mailed I stayed clear of directly asking her for an update on my application, so it didnt feel like i was pressuring her, but her reply answered question i that I wanted to have answers to but could not ask directly... :-)

taliska

Re: ILR

Post by taliska » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:42 pm

yasir785 wrote:I have a visa under the HSMP scheme which is coming up for renewal on 14 December 2009. I qualify for an extension under the current Tier 1 rules without any issues.

However, I will complete 5 years working in the UK (3 years under work permit and 2 years under HSMP) on 5 February 2010. As per the settlement guidelines I could apply for ILR 28 days before the completion of the 5 years period i.e 7 January 2010. My question is as follows:

Can I apply for ILR early i.e on 14 December 2009 instead of 7 January 2010 (51 days earlier than the completion of 5 years in uk) rather than first applying for an extension under HSMP (tier 1) and then applying for ILR. This would help me in avoiding to pay fees twice i.e for HSMP and then for ILR?
Check out the HSMP JR(judicial Review) rules on the forum as this may entitle you to apply for ILR after 4 years(3yrs 11months to be precise. If you do not come under those rules then no you cannot apply before the 28 day period or your application will be refused

vijay13
Newly Registered

Help please

Post by vijay13 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Senior members,

Need to clarify if i am eligible to apply for ILR,
Came to uk on 24/5/2004 stayed till 23/3/2006 on WP,the visa got expired on 15/5/2006.Came again on 24/8/2006 on WP but for a different client am still here but have changed my status to Tier 1.Can i apply now for ILR or have to wait till Aug 2011.

Would appreciate if senior members can guide me.

Cheers

horizon123
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed - Query on dependent

Post by horizon123 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Hello all,
My husband is eligible for ILR after 4 yrs (hsmp holder before 6th April 2006)
I have Tier 1 visa. My husband lost his job last year due to recession and I am still employed. We both want to apply for ILR with me as his dependent. I transfer a specified amount to his account every month.
My query is that is it possible to apply for ILR with me as his dependant and also earning for family (for two of us)? We have an appointment booked for next week. We would really appreciate your help.
please let me know asap.
Thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent help needed - Query on dependent

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:51 pm

horizon123 wrote:Hello all,
My husband is eligible for ILR after 4 yrs (hsmp holder before 6th April 2006)
I have Tier 1 visa. My husband lost his job last year due to recession and I am still employed. We both want to apply for ILR with me as his dependent. I transfer a specified amount to his account every month.
My query is that is it possible to apply for ILR with me as his dependant and also earning for family (for two of us)? We have an appointment booked for next week. We would really appreciate your help.
please let me know asap.
Thanks
The main problem that i think you might face is the fact that for you to apply as his dependent you need to have come to the UK on a dependent visa or at least changed to one.

With regards to earnings i am not sure how they are treating cases of those made redunndant recently as it is quite a widespread issue

horizon123
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help needed - Query on dependent

Post by horizon123 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks f2k.
I did not come to UK on dependent visa. But then is it possible that they approve ILR for my husband and not for me. I mean is it that if this may be a problem then atleast they consider my husband's application if not mine as his dependent??

blossom2009

SEO/Grade 7?

Post by blossom2009 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:07 am

Does anyone know what SEO/ grade 7 stands for??

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 am

British Civil Service: Encyclopedia wrote:Senior Executive Officer (SEO)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:17 pm

The full range of the UKBA warranted grades are:

* Assistant Immigration Officer (equivalent to an Administrative Officer)
* Immigration Officer (Executive Officer)
* Chief Immigration Officer (Higher Executive Officer)
* HM Inspector (Senior Executive Officer)
* Assistant Director (Grade 7)
* Deputy Director (Grade 6)

(Source: Wikipedia - UK Immigration Service)