ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Darshana
Newly Registered

ILR help

Post by Darshana » Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm

I am a Tier 2 (General) migrant and my 5-year qualifying residential period includes a period of stay in the UK as a Tier 1 (General) migrant. How can I satisfy the following instruction of the SET(O) form (item 12G): “For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules”?

When I switched from a Tier 1 (General) visa to a Tier 2 (General) visa on 02/01/2016, I did not, of course, have to submit evidence showing that I met the requirements under the Tier 1 (General) visa. I only had to show I met the requirements for the new Tier 2 (General) visa.

Therefore, I believe I should provide evidence that I met the requirements as they applied on the date I switched to Tier 2 (General) visa (i.e., provide evidence relating to a relevant date of 17/11/2015).

Pursuant to the Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance, version 03/2015, I must score 80 points for attributes and also need to score 10 points for English language and 10 points for maintenance (funds) available. Is this what I need to show evidence for?

Many thanks!

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: ILR help

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 31, 2018 10:10 pm

Darshana wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm
I am a Tier 2 (General) migrant and my 5-year qualifying residential period includes a period of stay in the UK as a Tier 1 (General) migrant. How can I satisfy the following instruction of the SET(O) form (item 12G): “For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules”?
You basically need to show you were within UK legally with leave to remain/entry clearance and were following conditions that go along such as no recourse to public funds etc with regards to your Tier 1(G).

If you do have policy guidance for the Tier 1(G) from when you applied it must have something like "while you are in the UK OR conditions of your stay "
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Darshana
Newly Registered

Re: ILR help

Post by Darshana » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Thank you very much for the reply