ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Home ownership evidence exemption

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KM0170

Should a British born child be included in ILR application as dependant?

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a British citizen and my wife is here on a spouse visa (5 year route) and we are going to apply for ILR shortly. We had a child recently, do we need to include the child as a dependant in the application (section 2 - applicants)?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Should a British born child be included in ILR application as dependant?

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:34 pm

No as the child is British.

You simply need to mention the child where required but not add child as applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KM0170

Re: Should a British born child be included in ILR application as dependant?

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Thank you! :) !

KM0170

ILR - Home ownership evidence exemption

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a British citizen and my wife is here on a spouse visa (5 year route) and we are going to apply for ILR shortly.

We are living with my parents so in the application where it asks if we rent or own our home we selected neither and put that we are living with parents. It then goes on to ask for 3 pieces of evidence but states before this that:

"You only need to provide this evidence if:
you are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax"

Neither me or my wife pay these. If we continue the application in the documents checklist it asks for us for these documents.

So do we need to provide these?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Home ownership evidence exemption

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Topics merged!! Please keep all the ilr questions in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:24 pm

KM0170 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:03 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a British citizen and my wife is here on a spouse visa (5 year route) and we are going to apply for ILR shortly.

We are living with my parents so in the application where it asks if we rent or own our home we selected neither and put that we are living with parents. It then goes on to ask for 3 pieces of evidence but states before this that:

"You only need to provide this evidence if:
you are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax"

Neither me or my wife pay these. If we continue the application in the documents checklist it asks for us for these documents.

So do we need to provide these?

Thanks
Okay, so under a section later on it asks:
"Do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent-free?"

So answered yes to this, then it asks for the 3 pieces of evidence without any statement about not having to provide these. So I am under the impression I will need to get these pieces of evidence, is that right?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 10, 2020 5:31 pm

There is no need to provide any such evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Thank you ! :D

KM0170

ILR - LITUK exemption (due to coronavirus)

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi,

My wife has taken the English test however she is unable to take the LITUK test as this keeps getting postponed, and has now been postponed the 3rd time.

Under the application if we select no we have to fill in the waiver form (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _KOLL_.pdf).

I'm unsure how to fill this in. I was thinking to put under section 1 there is nothing wrong them but due to coronavirus the test keeps getting postponed so as yet they have not taken this and then under section 5 write something similar to this effect and then in section 6 write that we have test dates provisionally booked but these could change again and then just sign and date this as my wife.

Please help!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 10, 2020 7:23 pm

This has been repeated many many times here. Select that you have done the test and then upload the evidence before the appointment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi, thanks. Sorry if it has been, i've tried searching about a bit before posting.

I'm a bit confused by your answer. For the question:

"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

I answered yes to this as my wife has passed the SELT grade 5 test.

For the question:

"Have you passed the Life in the UK test?"

No

"Are you claiming exemption from this requirement because a physical or other condition prevents you from taking the Life in the UK test?"

Yes

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Apologies maybe I wasn't clear enough.

My wife has one test that has been rescheduled to before we need to apply however this will likely get rescheduled so in the event where we need to submit the application and she has not taken the LITUK test due to these postponements due to coronavirus what should be done then?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 10, 2020 11:55 pm

KM0170 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:50 pm
Hi, thanks. Sorry if it has been, i've tried searching about a bit before posting.

I'm a bit confused by your answer. For the question:

"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

I answered yes to this as my wife has passed the SELT grade 5 test.
The answer should be NO to that specific question.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-english- ... 93361.html

For the question:

"Have you passed the Life in the UK test?"

No

"Are you claiming exemption from this requirement because a physical or other condition prevents you from taking the Life in the UK test?"

Yes
You should say YES even if she has NOT done the test yet.

I repeat again, as long as you UPLOAD the documents before the appointment all is good. Proceed as if you have all the documents :!: