ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR information

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

sach2606
Newly Registered

ILR information

Post by sach2606 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Hello People,

I need some information regarding ILR.

I am due to apply for ILR soon. Initially i was granted 60 months WP and my visa got stamped on 9/2/2007 and arrived in UK on 19/2/2007. When does my 5 years start from? 9th or 19th? I worked for the company for about 12 months and then I changed my employer. I was issued a new WP for another 60 months from 2008 onwards while I was in the UK, so will my 5 years get counted from 2007 or 2008? Also, my new visa got stamped after 3 months of my new employment while in the UK, is that a problem? Also my second job was under a different job title compared to my 1st job. Will this have a effect on my ILR application?

Thing is, I have been in the UK since 2007 under full time employment between two employers (2 different job titles) with no breakage in the visa status.

Please let us know soon, your help will be much appreciated

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:55 pm

On the 5th anniversary of your entry to UK which is 19/2/2007.

tknayak

Re: ILR information

Post by tknayak » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm

sach2606 wrote:Hello People,

I need some information regarding ILR.

I am due to apply for ILR soon. Initially i was granted 60 months WP and my visa got stamped on 9/2/2007 and arrived in UK on 19/2/2007. When does my 5 years start from? 9th or 19th? I worked for the company for about 12 months and then I changed my employer. I was issued a new WP for another 60 months from 2008 onwards while I was in the UK, so will my 5 years get counted from 2007 or 2008? Also, my new visa got stamped after 3 months of my new employment while in the UK, is that a problem? Also my second job was under a different job title compared to my 1st job. Will this have a effect on my ILR application?

Thing is, I have been in the UK since 2007 under full time employment between two employers (2 different job titles) with no breakage in the visa status.

Please let us know soon, your help will be much appreciated
Can you make it a little clear please. Your old WP stands cancelled when you change your employment. So ideally the second employer would have obtained the new WP first before employing you. Are you saying that you worked for 3 months without visa?
(My understanding may be wrong)