Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
Hi farwailrfarwailr wrote:Had a chat with someone who went for interview recently.
He said the questions were mostly around his business activities. Few questions were around taxation. If you know your business practices well which one should, he/she should be fine.
If someone earns 30K in 4 months and do nothing rest of the year he/she can expect an interview call.
Q.9...Do we have to say yes for question 9 if we have amended tax for previous years. Reason i am asking that after amendments it accurately reflects our income. Or they are asking about original amendmentswasi36 wrote:@Raju4u, @farwailrthis questionaire for premium service. Do we have to fill one at interview as well
1. Have you worked as Self Employed or worked as the Director or shareholder of a Limited company? If answer is yes, go to question 2 or return questionnaire to the desk officer
2. What is/was the nature of your business as a Self Employed person - Sole Trader, Contractor, Limited Company (Director or Shareholder), Other (please specify)
3. Confirm the financial years in which you were registered as Self employed in the UK? years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
4.For financial years registered as self-employed, please confirm years for which a Self-assessment tax return was submitted to HMRC (This does not include a Company Tax return for a limited company) - again years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
5. Please specify type of business you engaged in to generate income
6. Did you use an accountant to assist in submitted your SA tax returns to HMRC? If yes, go to question 7
7. Please provide name of accountants used
8. Confirm type of documents used in order to prepare your SA tax returns - choices were Invoice, Bank Statements, Dividend Vouchers, Payslips, Others
9. Are you satisfied that the SA tax returns submitted to HMRC accurately reflected your income? If not, why not and what further action have to taken to address it?
10 Any other comments
Farwailr. Many thanks for replying. Were those questions regarding previous application self employment or mostly regarding current application?farwailr wrote:My friend was interviewed last week. It was all about his self employment earnings. Only one question was around tax. He had few invoices from one client so caseworker was discussing the services given to that client in particular.
Many thanks for sharing your experience wasi36. Please can you advise what date you submit your biometrics and also did you include your revised(amended)tax calculations in your file ?wasi36 wrote:Had an interview today at vfs/ ukvi. It was via skype. Location was indian embassy vfs and 1 room was allocated to ukvi interview team. 1 hour interview. All 5 employments and self employment records were asked. Tax discrepencies was main focus of the interview even though there were couple of question about tax but attitude about job activities was to get information but questions about tax was investigative.
Many many thanks @wasi36. Just last question ! Did you submit your Amended tax calculations with your file ?wasi36 wrote:Date of app. 5/3/16
Bio letter. 12/3/16
Bio submtd. 12/3/16
Interview email. 26/4/16