ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Help

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

farwailr
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by farwailr » Sun May 01, 2016 10:33 am

Amendments are refusal in eyes of ukba. This interview i dont think will make any difference.

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:49 am

If you have a geniune reason and convince them I think there won't be a problem. If it was a refusal then why they are calling for an interview. Your friend may not have been able convince them

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:41 pm

@Raju4u, @farwailrthis questionaire for premium service. Do we have to fill one at interview as well
tim -

1. Have you worked as Self Employed or worked as the Director or shareholder of a Limited company? If answer is yes, go to question 2 or return questionnaire to the desk officer
2. What is/was the nature of your business as a Self Employed person - Sole Trader, Contractor, Limited Company (Director or Shareholder), Other (please specify)
3. Confirm the financial years in which you were registered as Self employed in the UK? years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
4.For financial years registered as self-employed, please confirm years for which a Self-assessment tax return was submitted to HMRC (This does not include a Company Tax return for a limited company) - again years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
5. Please specify type of business you engaged in to generate income
6. Did you use an accountant to assist in submitted your SA tax returns to HMRC? If yes, go to question 7
7. Please provide name of accountants used
8. Confirm type of documents used in order to prepare your SA tax returns - choices were Invoice, Bank Statements, Dividend Vouchers, Payslips, Others
9. Are you satisfied that the SA tax returns submitted to HMRC accurately reflected your income? If not, why not and what further action have to taken to address it?
10 Any other comments

farwailr
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by farwailr » Thu May 05, 2016 7:21 am

Had a chat with someone who went for interview recently.

He said the questions were mostly around his business activities. Few questions were around taxation. If you know your business practices well which one should, he/she should be fine.

If someone earns 30K in 4 months and do nothing rest of the year he/she can expect an interview call.

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 11:17 am

Anyone who had taken TOEIC exam in the past, irrespective of whether the result was used in an immigration application or not, may also be asked to attend an interview.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:07 pm

farwailr wrote:Had a chat with someone who went for interview recently.

He said the questions were mostly around his business activities. Few questions were around taxation. If you know your business practices well which one should, he/she should be fine.

If someone earns 30K in 4 months and do nothing rest of the year he/she can expect an interview call.
Hi farwailr
Has he recieved his descion yet?

Nvsc
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Nvsc » Fri May 06, 2016 2:03 pm

can you upload the interview questions please

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Anyone had interview yet?

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:41 pm

wasi36 wrote:@Raju4u, @farwailrthis questionaire for premium service. Do we have to fill one at interview as well
tim -

1. Have you worked as Self Employed or worked as the Director or shareholder of a Limited company? If answer is yes, go to question 2 or return questionnaire to the desk officer
2. What is/was the nature of your business as a Self Employed person - Sole Trader, Contractor, Limited Company (Director or Shareholder), Other (please specify)
3. Confirm the financial years in which you were registered as Self employed in the UK? years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
4.For financial years registered as self-employed, please confirm years for which a Self-assessment tax return was submitted to HMRC (This does not include a Company Tax return for a limited company) - again years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
5. Please specify type of business you engaged in to generate income
6. Did you use an accountant to assist in submitted your SA tax returns to HMRC? If yes, go to question 7
7. Please provide name of accountants used
8. Confirm type of documents used in order to prepare your SA tax returns - choices were Invoice, Bank Statements, Dividend Vouchers, Payslips, Others
9. Are you satisfied that the SA tax returns submitted to HMRC accurately reflected your income? If not, why not and what further action have to taken to address it?
10 Any other comments
Q.9...Do we have to say yes for question 9 if we have amended tax for previous years. Reason i am asking that after amendments it accurately reflects our income. Or they are asking about original amendments

farwailr
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by farwailr » Mon May 16, 2016 7:35 am

My friend was interviewed last week. It was all about his self employment earnings. Only one question was around tax. He had few invoices from one client so caseworker was discussing the services given to that client in particular.

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:44 am

farwailr wrote:My friend was interviewed last week. It was all about his self employment earnings. Only one question was around tax. He had few invoices from one client so caseworker was discussing the services given to that client in particular.
Farwailr. Many thanks for replying. Were those questions regarding previous application self employment or mostly regarding current application?
Did he fill Questionaire?
Did he amended his tax? Any question regarding amendments?
Was he interviewed by TM interview hub or at home office?

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:50 am

Had an interview today at vfs/ ukvi. It was via skype. Location was indian embassy vfs and 1 room was allocated to ukvi interview team. 1 hour interview. All 5 employments and self employment records were asked. Tax discrepencies was main focus of the interview even though there were couple of question about tax but attitude about job activities was to get information but questions about tax was investigative.

Plzilr
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Plzilr » Thu May 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi wasi

what you mean from location was indian embbasy? did you mean that they interviewed you at indian embassy in London? and how did they know about your tax amendmnets ? had you told them in advance when you post your application?

farwailr
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by farwailr » Thu May 19, 2016 2:10 pm

One of my friend also had interview today, they asked him about his business and employment. He was throughly grilled on self employed. No form was filled but caseworker asked him why there resubmission of tax docs. Caseworker also brought extension earnings as well and now gave him 14 days to send atleast 5 clients information to confirm the business transactions from extension. Also caseworker asked for phone bills and any email correspondence he did to contact clients.

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Access they have from hmrc is till jan 15 and amenments we make does not show in their system. Then we attach updated sa302. Thats how they knw

Plzilr
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Plzilr » Thu May 19, 2016 3:07 pm

they gone nuts..what are they trying to establish now? and cant they see the business transaction in bank statements? and what was stopping them at the time of extension to not verify..and asking now...

ILR2015-2016
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:44 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:36 pm

wasi36 wrote:Had an interview today at vfs/ ukvi. It was via skype. Location was indian embassy vfs and 1 room was allocated to ukvi interview team. 1 hour interview. All 5 employments and self employment records were asked. Tax discrepencies was main focus of the interview even though there were couple of question about tax but attitude about job activities was to get information but questions about tax was investigative.
Many thanks for sharing your experience wasi36. Please can you advise what date you submit your biometrics and also did you include your revised(amended)tax calculations in your file ?

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Date of app. 5/3/16
Bio letter. 12/3/16
Bio submtd. 12/3/16
Interview email. 26/4/16
Interviewed.19/5/16

ILR2015-2016
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:44 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:55 pm

wasi36 wrote:Date of app. 5/3/16
Bio letter. 12/3/16
Bio submtd. 12/3/16
Interview email. 26/4/16
Interviewed.19/5/16
Many many thanks @wasi36. Just last question ! Did you submit your Amended tax calculations with your file ?

wasi36
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by wasi36 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Updated sa302. Yes i did

Locked
cron