ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) - Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Venkata52
Newly Registered
India

ILR (LR) - Dependent

Post by Venkata52 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi team,

First and foremost I would like to thank to "Immigrationboards.com" platform to giving everyone to expressing/finding individuals topics/answers.

My wife entered UK under student visa around 08/2008, later she changed to Tier 2 sponsor visa and at the same time even I was applied as her dependent ( so even I'm holding Tier 2 dependent visa and valid until same as my wife 06/2021) which will will be valid until 06/2021 but in the mean time she is eligible for ILR (LR) category visa and got her ILR visa last week (05/2018).

My question is:
When she applied for ILR (LR) visa, I was not applied with her. Now, the question is:
1) Do I need to apply as ILR dependent on her?? if yes, what will be the visa category for me to apply ??
2) Will that be okay to not to apply any visa until my Tier 2 dependent visa expires?? Anyways, even I will be eligible for ILR (LR) in the next year around a Aug/2019.
3) Visa processing time please if possible?

Thanks in advance
Venkata

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (LR) - Dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 pm

1. Yes you need to apply for spouse settlement visa on form FLR(M).

2. You don't have to apply immediately but risky if you have travel plans.

3. A week to 2 weeks, maybe a longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Venkata52
Newly Registered
India

Post by Venkata52 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks for your quick response.

And a quick question please
Could you please let me know what are the requirements for FLR (M)??
like:
-Required documents
-Any fund maintenance

Thanks
Venkata

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:43 am

Could you please let me know what are the requirements for FLR (M)??
like:
-Required documents
-Any fund maintenance
1. No 'fund maintenance'.

2. You must prove that you/spouse meets the financial requirement. For spouse application only, it is £18,600pa and you have to prove it with a minimum of 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements plus proof of employment. If you apply as self employed etc, the documents needed are more substantial.

3. Spouse also needs to meet the English requirement.

4. Suitable accommodation that is not overcrowded. Evidence of cohabitation.

5. You also have to pay the IHS for a 2.5 year visa and IHS is set to double in cost soon.

Links below of the paper form and guidance notes for information. Note that you can only apply online now but the links give you an idea of what is expected.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Venkata52
Newly Registered
India

ILR(SET) - Applying as dependent

Post by Venkata52 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi

Thanks in advance

I'm applying for ILR (SET) as 10 years. Currently I'm holding PBS Tier2 General dependent visa. During my application I've seen the bellow questions, could someone please help me on this what to select and write. Any help that would be great for me.

Questions:
1. Do you have previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?
2. Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
3. Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
4. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
- IF YES, what should we write ??
- IF NO, what should we write? or Explain why not?

Thanks
Venkata

Venkata52
Newly Registered
India

Post by Venkata52 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Hello all,

Could someone please guide me on the post please (Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:49 pm) bit URGENT.

Thanks
Venkata