Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) PEO application deffered - missing first passport

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 pm

ILR (LR) PEO application deffered - missing first passport

Post by amughost88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I have applied for ILR(LR) on 22nd of August in Glasgow PEO. Case worker said that he cannot make decision as my first passport is not present (2007-2011 - 4 years in total) , so he cannot verify all my in/outs from teh UK. I have attached the SAR report, but there is not much info on my entries. I have supplied university letters and tenancy agreements, but case worker said that is not a proof of how many days I was out of the country.
Case worker said he will be able to get relevant information from the UK ports within 7-10 days, unfortunately it is nearly 5 months now.

So I basiclaly need advice to wait for this ILR (LR) or apply via Tier 2 working route on the 8th of March (I am eligible via 5 year working route).I have been workign for one employer and it is a well established international company, so no self employment complications. And I have passport which covers last 5 years.

My agent told me that if I withdraw my application it takes a month to get documents back (2 weeks standard and one reminder after 2 weeks). And then they might delay my new application, in case they will want to check why my ILR (LR) application was delayed.

So really question here is, should I withdraw my application? or should I wait for 6 months?
I have not heard anything from Home office since 22nd of August.