ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR + Passport validity<6 mnths + Mandatory trip to India

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

nmehta
United Kingdom

ILR + Passport validity<6 mnths + Mandatory trip to India

Post by nmehta » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Hello Mods,

I currently have ILR visa and need to make a short 10 day mandatory trip to India in couple of days. The issue is that my passport is valid only for four months. Will this cause an issue while returning back to UK.

Ideally I would have renewed my passport before my trip but it came all of sudden and I am running short of time.

I have tried to find if there is any minimum passport validity criteria on UKBA site but couldnt find. Will Indian immigration authority or UK immigration authority cause any issues on my return to UK.

Any help/thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't think it would pose a problem with UK authorities i am not sure about Indian authorities.The passport is still valid and you are a permanent resident after-all.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:07 pm

peppekalle wrote:I don't think it would pose a problem with UK authorities i am not sure about Indian authorities.The passport is still valid and you are a permanent resident after-all.
Yes Right. There should be no problem as mentioned. In general this kind of requirement is imposed by many countries while issuing a Visa. For travelling it should be OK