ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

generic123

Post by generic123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 pm

jaskiratbaweja wrote:
ban.s wrote:additional documents don't necessarily go to postal queues - the speed of approval depends on the nature of the document.

my wife's ILR was stamped within 4 days of receipt of additional documents and passport returned to us (by 2nd class recorded delivery) within further 4 days.
That sounds promising.

I was requested to supply additional letter from previous employer explaining the need for travel on business trips and my role in detail.

Although had a general letter saying I was employed and was required to travel extensively and another letter which confirmed the dates of business trips. They wanted a more detailed letter.

Heard about similar cases which were approved without any issues..you will getbit for sure

Because my total Business absences were 216 (none was greater than 90 days), they probably needed a proof that it was essential to travel to fulfil obligations to clients etc

My previous employer has now provided a fully detailed letter as requested and has been submitted to PEO.

I hope they allow discretion for Business related absences based on additional proofs and approve my ILR and I get to hear the good news soon as well.

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 am

Hi generic123, Many congratulations. Hope we all get our ILR soon.

ILR Bound
Newly Registered

Post by ILR Bound » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 am

many congrats Generic, good to hear that atleast things are moving ahead over there.
i can imagine your relief

generic123

Post by generic123 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks everyone. Hope I will hear the same good news from you guys all soon.

ILR Bound
Newly Registered

Post by ILR Bound » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi PKP

have you heard back anything, on this forum you are the one latest to send documenst immediatley after me.
Any luck re any update

thanks

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Still waiting to hear back from HO... does any know within how many days will the senior case worker need to respond from the date of receiving file from the case worker.

Thanks

PK

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 pm

There is nothing concrete anywhere on saying what happens at PEO if decision is not made on the spot.

It's just become a waiting game. I think the SCW won't be spending more than 20-30 mins on a case and he would approve if he says everything makes sense to him. and after that is how quickly the PEO guys act and put the stamp and then inform/post the passports. But when your file gets in front of the SCW is anybody's guess. I wish the HO had an online status tracker.

From Generic's post it is clear that they work on Saturdays as well coz Generic's ILR stamp date is 18th. May be it is that during the week they deal with all the cases at the PEO and on saturday the backlog of cases with additional docs? or could be anything. I am just speculating and hoping.

I hope and pray for all of us that it works and may we hear the good news tomorrow or very very soon.

I know all of us have worked hard and spent our 5 years a bing the law, paying taxes and doing everything right and our documentation is complete and comprehensive.

It will work out for us guys.

Keep faith PK and ILR_Bound and other in the waiting game. Tomorrow morning's post or a call could have the approval you have been waiting for.

AshMad

Expiry of current leave pending ILR decision by UKBA

Post by AshMad » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 pm

I have written confirmation from UKBA which might be of help to many who are in the situation where current leave expires pending ILR decision.

If your visa expires and still the decision on ILR is pending then you can vary the grounds of your previous ILR application to Tier 1 extension.
If this happens then your time of application will be the same as your ILR application date.

Once ILR gets refused after expiry of visa then you will get full right of appeal. Then it is your choice to either go for tier-1 extension (Out of time) or go for an appeal.

If you opt for tier-1 extension and you get rejected then again you will get a right of appeal.

If you go for an appeal on ILR refusal and if rejected by lower tribunal then you can again appeal with upper tribunal. If it is refused again then you can go for JR. If not then legally you can go to Court of Appeal if not
then the ultimatum is Supreme court. Until the case is decided you are allowed to work in UK based on your previous visa as its leave will continue even after its expiry until a final decision is made on any of the courts. You also can ask for Tier-1 extension in your appeal as varying grounds on ILR refusal.

Guys don't worry about anything just you need to fight with UKBA until they make a just decision for granting ILR.

This will happen only once you are determined to get your ILR.

Thanks & Regards
Ash

jaskiratbaweja

Re: Expiry of current leave pending ILR decision by UKBA

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:00 pm

AshMad wrote:I have written confirmation from UKBA which might be of help to many who are in the situation where current leave expires pending ILR decision.

If your visa expires and still the decision on ILR is pending then you can vary the grounds of your previous ILR application to Tier 1 extension.
If this happens then your time of application will be the same as your ILR application date.

Once ILR gets refused after expiry of visa then you will get full right of appeal. Then it is your choice to either go for tier-1 extension (Out of time) or go for an appeal.

If you opt for tier-1 extension and you get rejected then again you will get a right of appeal.

If you go for an appeal on ILR refusal and if rejected by lower tribunal then you can again appeal with upper tribunal. If it is refused again then you can go for JR. If not then legally you can go to Court of Appeal if not
then the ultimatum is Supreme court. Until the case is decided you are allowed to work in UK based on your previous visa as its leave will continue even after its expiry until a final decision is made on any of the courts. You also can ask for Tier-1 extension in your appeal as varying grounds on ILR refusal.

Guys don't worry about anything just you need to fight with UKBA until they make a just decision for granting ILR.

This will happen only once you are determined to get your ILR.

Thanks & Regards
Ash

Thanks for the post Ash. Can you share the exact written text from UKBA. That will be a great help for all of us.

ILR Bound
Newly Registered

Post by ILR Bound » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:26 am

Dear Brothers

Finally its good news!!!

I got a call from UKBA at 7pm on Friday 2nd March , that your passports have been endorsed and ready for collection.

I picked them this morning. The stamp is dated 22 Feb 2012, which means they were just hanging on to it for all that time.

Good Luck to all those who are waiting.
Tc All

Thanks for your help

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:45 am

ILR Bound wrote:Dear Brothers

Finally its good news!!!

I got a call from UKBA at 7pm on Friday 2nd March , that your passports have been endorsed and ready for collection.

I picked them this morning. The stamp is dated 22 Feb 2012, which means they were just hanging on to it for all that time.

Good Luck to all those who are waiting.
Tc All

Thanks for your help
Many congratulations ILR bound. Must be big relief for you. Hope the rest of us who are waiting also hear the good news from UKBA soon.

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:48 am

Congratulation ILR bound.

ILR Bound
Newly Registered

Post by ILR Bound » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 pm

many thanks

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 pm

ILR Bound wrote:many thanks
So did they give any reference number to enter Croydon PEO or you just told them that you have been called to collect your passport?

ILR Bound
Newly Registered

Post by ILR Bound » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm

you enter the same place wher eyou went for your application, the security guard gives you a red ticket ( ROD) 'return of document;.
you then go through the security and directly up to the window where they usually hand over dicuments.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:50 pm

ILR Bound wrote:you enter the same place wher eyou went for your application, the security guard gives you a red ticket ( ROD) 'return of document;.
you then go through the security and directly up to the window where they usually hand over dicuments.
Thanks ILR Bound. Now relax and enjoy. All the best to everybody else who is waiting. PK I believe you will be the next to hear good news.

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally got the long expected phone call today morning '' come and pick ur passport ILR approved'' thanks a lot for all your support.

Stamped on the 29th Feb.

Thanks,

PK

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Congrats PKP. Enjoy.
Could you please let me know if you had any absence more than 90 days?

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 pm

pkp wrote:Hi Guys,

Finally got the long expected phone call today morning '' come and pick ur passport ILR approved'' thanks a lot for all your support.

Stamped on the 29th Feb.

Thanks,

PK
Wow that's brilliant news PK. Really happy for you.

Ranga its you and me next buddy. Hopefully very soon. All the best.

feigoronin

Longer Absence

Post by feigoronin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Friends,
I am completing my 5 years on 18th March and planning to apply for ILR. However my total absence from UK during this period of 5 years is 210 days!! However none of my absences have been for over 90 days at a go. Can I apply for my ILR? The company with which I was working sent me back to my home country for 2.5 months in 2009. I have since then left the organization and not sure if they will provide me any letters if I contact them. Can you please guide if I go ahead with my application?

Thanks.

jaskiratbaweja

Re: Longer Absence

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm

feigoronin wrote:Hi Friends,
I am completing my 5 years on 18th March and planning to apply for ILR. However my total absence from UK during this period of 5 years is 210 days!! However none of my absences have been for over 90 days at a go. Can I apply for my ILR? The company with which I was working sent me back to my home country for 2.5 months in 2009. I have since then left the organization and not sure if they will provide me any letters if I contact them. Can you please guide if I go ahead with my application?

Thanks.

From my experience you should go with full documentation and detailed letter from the company explaining :

- The compelling reasons why you were required to travel such as your business needs or very important client project

- Your role on the business trip

- a list of business trips made

Also get them to mention if you were paid in the UK. It is very important to take the detailed documentation especially if you have trips which are greater than 90 days at a time.

Approach the company and contact the HR. Explain them your situation and I am sure they will help you out. You can draft the letter using the format in the sticky and supply it to HR at your previous employer and I am sure they will sign it off.

Without this letter from previous employer it will be difficult as HO seem to be not consistent on absences and usually pick on applicants where there are higher absences.

feigoronin

Re: Longer Absence

Post by feigoronin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Jaskirat,
Thanks. I don't have any absence which exceeds 90 days. I will try to get a letter from my previous employer. Most imp, I was not paid in UK currency during my trip. I have only one such trip.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

It has to explain the company policy and why were you not paid in the UK. Also did u continue to rent your house and pay council tax while you were away? It is important to show that you continued to be based in UK.

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:31 am

Hi jaskiratbaweja, Vtp,

Any updates on your applications?

Regards,
Ranga

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 am

ranga_12345 wrote:Hi jaskiratbaweja, Vtp,

Any updates on your applications?

Regards,
Ranga