ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
ishareef17
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by ishareef17 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 pm

This is my 13 weeks still waiting. I will wait till friday n gonna call HO n see wat they will say. I know it will a common answer but i'l give a try. Best of luck to all of them still waiting with me.

ShortWait
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:12 am

Short wait hopefully, fingers crossed

Post by ShortWait » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Posted on 29 November 2011
Payment Deducted : 1 December 2011
Acknowledgement letter received dated: 1 December 2011

gaku
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:34 pm
Location: uk

Post by gaku » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:48 pm

NAHNAH AND ISHAREEF17
thanks guys we just can wait and pray

seto2109
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 pm

ILR received

Post by seto2109 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi all,

I received my ILR (Set O application) this morning. Wait time was 11w+2d weeks.

I must add that I had sent an expedite letter and email and I believe that is what helped process my application faster.

My expedite request was due to the fact that wife is due in a couple of weeks and we had booked travel in connection with that months in advance, keeping in mind the travel restrictions during the later weeks of pregnancy and schedule of ante natal tests.

I had sent a letter to the home office explaining the need to travel on the dates planned along with all supporting documents (flight tickets - booked more than a month before my application was made, copies NHS test appointment letters - pre and post travel dates, copies of NHS pregnancy booklet notes, etc.)

I had followed up regularly over the phone but had no feedback on the status of my application or if my expedite request was even being considered. I received a call from the Home office on 2/12 (sat) but I was able to pick up the vmail only after working hours so could not call back. The person mentioned that he was returning my call and asked me to call back the following wed/thurs but made no mention of ILR status. I however reveived my passports before I could call the Home office.

It is evident that the Home office does consider genuine expedite requests if they are backed by necessary supporting documents so my sincere thanks to them.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread active and especially to doubletrouble for regular updates.

Best wishes to all waiting!

My timeline as follows:

19/9 - Application made
21/9 - Card charged and letter issued
11/11 - Expedite letter sent
18/11 - email sent
1/12 - Most recent follow-up. No status update.
2/12 - Call from Home office missed
2/12 - ILR stamped and letter issued
7/12 - Passports received by 1st class delivery

superman555
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: ILR received

Post by superman555 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 pm

seto2109 wrote:Hi all,

I received my ILR (Set O application) this morning. Wait time was 11w+2d weeks.

I must add that I had sent an expedite letter and email and I believe that is what helped process my application faster.

My expedite request was due to the fact that wife is due in a couple of weeks and we had booked travel in connection with that months in advance, keeping in mind the travel restrictions during the later weeks of pregnancy and schedule of ante natal tests.

I had sent a letter to the home office explaining the need to travel on the dates planned along with all supporting documents (flight tickets - booked more than a month before my application was made, copies NHS test appointment letters - pre and post travel dates, copies of NHS pregnancy booklet notes, etc.)

I had followed up regularly over the phone but had no feedback on the status of my application or if my expedite request was even being considered. I received a call from the Home office on 2/12 (sat) but I was able to pick up the vmail only after working hours so could not call back. The person mentioned that he was returning my call and asked me to call back the following wed/thurs but made no mention of ILR status. I however reveived my passports before I could call the Home office.

It is evident that the Home office does consider genuine expedite requests if they are backed by necessary supporting documents so my sincere thanks to them.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread active and especially to doubletrouble for regular updates.

Best wishes to all waiting!

My timeline as follows:

19/9 - Application made
21/9 - Card charged and letter issued
11/11 - Expedite letter sent
18/11 - email sent
1/12 - Most recent follow-up. No status update.
2/12 - Call from Home office missed
2/12 - ILR stamped and letter issued
7/12 - Passports received by 1st class delivery
Can you help with the address and the email address you sent the expedite letter to please? Applied for SET(O) HSMP JR & have been waiting for 10.5 weeks now & no update from HO. Worryingly, my wife has been stopped from working by her Agency as her name is not on the acknowledgement letter sent by HO as she's a dependant. The Agency would not listen to the several explanations on why her name is not on the letter. Please, please, please I now desperately need to send the HO an expedite letter ASAP attached with the email from the Agency on why she can't work until she gets her passport back so I really need the address of where I would send the letter to. Many thanks for your anticipated help with this...

seto2109
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by seto2109 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

superman555,

I don't have the email handy but if you go 4-5 pages back on this thread you will find it. I don't think it was the email that made a difference, it was the letter and documents. I sent them to the Croydon address.

kapoor@yahoo.com
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Re: ILR received

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:26 pm

I sent you a personal email containing home office emailid.
superman555 wrote:
seto2109 wrote:Hi all,

I received my ILR (Set O application) this morning. Wait time was 11w+2d weeks.

I must add that I had sent an expedite letter and email and I believe that is what helped process my application faster.

My expedite request was due to the fact that wife is due in a couple of weeks and we had booked travel in connection with that months in advance, keeping in mind the travel restrictions during the later weeks of pregnancy and schedule of ante natal tests.

I had sent a letter to the home office explaining the need to travel on the dates planned along with all supporting documents (flight tickets - booked more than a month before my application was made, copies NHS test appointment letters - pre and post travel dates, copies of NHS pregnancy booklet notes, etc.)

I had followed up regularly over the phone but had no feedback on the status of my application or if my expedite request was even being considered. I received a call from the Home office on 2/12 (sat) but I was able to pick up the vmail only after working hours so could not call back. The person mentioned that he was returning my call and asked me to call back the following wed/thurs but made no mention of ILR status. I however reveived my passports before I could call the Home office.

It is evident that the Home office does consider genuine expedite requests if they are backed by necessary supporting documents so my sincere thanks to them.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread active and especially to doubletrouble for regular updates.

Best wishes to all waiting!

My timeline as follows:

19/9 - Application made
21/9 - Card charged and letter issued
11/11 - Expedite letter sent
18/11 - email sent
1/12 - Most recent follow-up. No status update.
2/12 - Call from Home office missed
2/12 - ILR stamped and letter issued
7/12 - Passports received by 1st class delivery
Can you help with the address and the email address you sent the expedite letter to please? Applied for SET(O) HSMP JR & have been waiting for 10.5 weeks now & no update from HO. Worryingly, my wife has been stopped from working by her Agency as her name is not on the acknowledgement letter sent by HO as she's a dependant. The Agency would not listen to the several explanations on why her name is not on the letter. Please, please, please I now desperately need to send the HO an expedite letter ASAP attached with the email from the Agency on why she can't work until she gets her passport back so I really need the address of where I would send the letter to. Many thanks for your anticipated help with this...

superman555
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: ILR received

Post by superman555 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Got it. Thanks very much your help...

kamicool
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:35 am
Location: London UK
Contact:

Post by kamicool » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 am

Hello everyone i have been reading this forum constantly but i am a bit worried now about my case for ILR Set O application.

ILR Applied ON: 18th August 2011 by post Under HSMP Judicial Review case by using SET O form ( HSMP 2 years + Tier 1 3 years )
ILR Acknowledge Letter : Dated 23rd August2011 from Croydon Office also payment debited on 23rd August 2011.

It has been almost 16 weeks since i posted my case and i haven't heard anything yet. I am a bit worried and don't know what to do as i have planned to meet my family in Canada at christmas.

Any suggestions regarding this matter would be highly appreciated.

Kamran.

totallylegit
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 am

holiday break?

Post by totallylegit » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 pm

does anyone know if, when and how long their Christmas break is? I think mine is going to hit the due mark around the holidays- but wondering if all applications are going to sit on a desk for an extra 2 or 3 weeks while the office is on holiday?

thanks.
TL

oshonisanket
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by oshonisanket » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi everyone.This is my first post here.My wife applied through settlement checking service on the 29th of September and received the acknowledgement letter on the 4th of october. since then we have been watching this thread which gave us the strength to keep waiting.

I tried to call the home office twice but same answer again and again.
finally we got ILR YESTERDAY WHICH WAS THE 8TH DECEMBER stamped from Liverpool on the 1st of December.

It just took 8weeks time for us.

I would like to thank everyone for their posts which gave us the strength and wish you guys best of luck for waiting.
I must say that this process is unbearable and home office should consider to find an alternative process to deal with this.


regards

gaku
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:34 pm
Location: uk

Post by gaku » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:13 pm

I have used settlement services as well

doubletrouble
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:41 pm

Post by doubletrouble » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:53 pm

UTD list as of 10/12/11

Successful

Irfsh applied on 1/06/11- approved after 14weeks
Nir applied on 11/06/11- approved after 14 weeks
Elsa applied on 13/06/11- approved after 15 weeks
Sab124 applied on 16/06/11- approved after 11 weeks
HSMPguy applied on 19/6/11- approved after 15 weeks
Thisismahesh applied on 22/06/11- approved after 13 weeks
Daniel1978 applied on 22/6/11- approved after 14 weeks
Jimbot91 applied on 30/06/11- approved after 16 weeks
Set30 june applied on 30/6/11- approved after 18 weeks
Delta10 applied on 01/07/11- approved after 12 weeks
Drsohailbashir applied on 04/07/11- approved after 14 weeks
Jchian applied on 05/07/11- approved after 16 weeks
Gvignesh81 applied on 11/7/11- approved after 16 weeks
goto_venkat applied on 14/11/11- approved after 18 weeks
Poppy913 applied on 15/7/11- approved after 18 weeks
Qaziji applied on 25/7/11- approved after 15 weeks
Ahe appliedon 22/7/11- approved after 10 weeks
Novita77 applied on 27/7/11- approved after 9 weeks
Vinpat1 applied on 27/7/11- approved after 10 weeks
Simau applied on 08/08/11- approved after 10 weeks
Set012Aug applied on 12/08/11- approved after 14 weeks (after expedite letter)
Hindian applied on 16/08/11- approved after 10 weeks
Setm30 applied on 30/08/11- approved after 10 weeks
set(m)sept 3 applied on 03/09/11- aproved after 10 weeks
desibuoy applied on 16/06/11- approved after 16 weeks
saintly applied on 17/08/11- approved after 13 weeks
Fellyblue1 applied on 26/7/11- approved after 16 weeks
raj221003 applied on 27/7/11- approved after 16 weeks
Learningzone applied on 1/05/11- rejected after 26 weeks but approved after applying in person
super101 applied on 25/7/11- approved after 16 weeks
HSMPgafla applied on 02/08/11 approved after 15 weeks
brierleyrose applied on 02/08/11 refused after 15 weeks
ademi applied on 25/07/11 approved after 16 weeks
rahimjohar applied on 12/08/11- approved after 15 weeks
set(o)_22july2011 applied on 22/7/11- approved after 18 weeks
kb2000 applied on 07/10/11- approved after 8 weeks (with expedite letter)
ELKA applied on 19/9/11-approved after 10 weeks
arganesh4 applied 0n 07/07/2011 approved after 21 weeks
seto2109 applied on 19/9/11- approved after 11.5 weeks (with expedite letter)
oshonisanket applied on 29/09/11- approved after 8 weeks
melchard applied on 04/10/11-approved after 9 weeks




Awaiting

uyi.controller applied on 30/7/11- now waiting 19 weeks
ibrahim10 applied on ??/08/11- now waiting 17 weeks
Pipwick appliedon 07/08/11- now waiting 17 weeks
lifeonhold applied on 08/08/11- now waiting 17 weeks
Dalmeida applied on16/08/11- now waiting 16 weeks
kamicool applied on 18/08/11- now waiting 16.5 weeks
mollymaik applied on 20/08/11- now waiting 15 weeks
Rennie applied on 25/8/11- now waiting 14 weeks
I-L-R-2011 applied on 31/08/11- now waiting 14 weeks
luke79 applied on 04/09/11- now waiting 13.5 weeks
Doubletrouble applied on 06/09/11- now waiting 13 weeks
Gaku applied on 6/9/11- now waiting 13 weeks
totallylegit applied on 7/9/11- now waiting 13 weeks
ishareef17 applied on 09/09/11- now wating 13 weeks
Ratish123 appliedon 12/9/11- now waiting 12 weeks
nahnah applied on 13/9/11- now waiting 12 weeks
Bladerunner applied 16/9/11- now waiting 12 weeks
scarlet_maple applied on 19/09/11- now waiting 11 weeks
superman555 applied on ??/??/??- now waiting 11 weeks
booper applied on 5/10/11- now waiting 9 weeks
Prem applied on 08/10/11- now waiting 8 weeks
Invincible_27 applied on 20/10/11- now waiting 7 weeks
Alie85 applied on 25/10/11- now waiting 6 weeks
jason77 applied on 25/10/11 - now waiting 6 weeks
gvijaygadde applied on 11/11/11- now waiting 4 weeks
manishcaudhary applied on 16/11/11- now waiting 3 week
kalpulli applied on 22/11/11- now waiting 2.5 week
shortwait applied on 29/11/11- now waiting 1.5 week

Successful for w/c 7/11/11- gvinesh 81

Successfulfor w/c 14/11/11- goto_venkat, qaziji, set012aug, sept(m)sept3, desibuoy, saintly, fellyblue1

successful for w/c 21/11/11- raj221003, super101, HSMPgafla, ademi, brerleyrose (refusal)

successful for w/c 28/11/11- set(o)_22july2011, kb2000, rahimjohar, ELKA, arganesh4

successful for w/c 05/12/11- seto2109, oshonisanket , melchard

ishareef17
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by ishareef17 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi my query is because i have applied with d dependents thats why its taking long time or is something else. Coz I notice some peoples in this forum applied ilr without dependent and they got approval in 8 to 10 weeks. I have applied using set (m) with 3 dependents thats why its taking long.
please verify is anyone applied with 2 or 3 dependents using set (m) and still waiting for d decession
And few forums back charms raised a question but nobody put a light on it. I am repeating d same question if somebody put their views on it that will b great.
Question is when does the clock will be resetted for Citizenship application?
previous visa last date + processing time (avg.15 weeks whatever the time) + 1 year? or
Previous visa last date + 1 year?
Please shed some light on this. Best of luck
Thankx

nahnah
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 pm

finally!

Post by nahnah » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:15 pm

I got it folks.....finally.....after 12.5 weeks my set m turned up....stamped from liverpool.....got to go.....will post details later tonight......and to those waiting.....please have hope...never give up.....best wishes

I-L-R-2011
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Re: finally!

Post by I-L-R-2011 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:34 pm

Congratulations..!
nahnah wrote:I got it folks.....finally.....after 12.5 weeks my set m turned up....stamped from liverpool.....got to go.....will post details later tonight......and to those waiting.....please have hope...never give up.....best wishes

luke79
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by luke79 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Brilliant news NahNah !! So many congrats, looking forward to all your details and timeline.. Any dependants applied ? Was it a straight forward app ? Any public funds ? I wonder why some of these set m's are taking nearly as long as SET O's..

Congrats once again !! Your life is no longer on hold ! :)

Patience is surely virtuous as you have proved.

ishareef17
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by ishareef17 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Congradulations nahnah. Inshallah we r near. Hope we will get it soon aswel. Enjoy ur day. And best of luck to those who is still in a queue.

I-L-R-2011
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by I-L-R-2011 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Any news on SET(O) applications? we havnt seen seto sucess since one week..

nahnah
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 pm

set m success

Post by nahnah » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 pm

i am back my friends....as promised to give you a gist of my story.....

well if you read my previous posts there's a bit of info on my background but for the sake of new readers here goes

applied for set m on the 13th september through a solicitor.....now you might ask why a solicitor....my case wasnt that straightforward....well i had all the documents but at the last minute my spouse had to travel urgently due to family illness so all we were left with was an endorsed copy of the passport....so to set our minds at ease we engaged the services of the lawyer. secondly with the lawyer you get to have someone else you can talk to and tell your worries to....you are not going it alone....yes it does cost money but then at the end i believe it is worth it....also i read somewhere that cases that are not straightforward could be given some credibility wen it is presented by a lawyer.....i believe it is because they think lawyers research and know about human rights and before presenting an application do thier homework....well that;s what i think....

i had no dependants....was not claiming any public funds....i was working but my spouse wasnt and there wasnt too much money in our bank accounts....

i hope i covered everything...well the indefinite visa was stamped from liverpool on the 2nd december and received by lawyer on 12th...sent by recorded delivery......

i must confess this journey was a horrific one...especially the worrying part knowing that i had gone above the average waiting times.....but i had hope...i won't say i wasnt disturbed....but then if you have faith just pray....pray and never give up...... coming to think of it possibly one reason why it delayed 12.5 weeks was that i did not include a spreadsheet of my times...and i had done quite a bit of travels...so i guess it was left to the caseworker to go through all my passports, 2 of them....the old and the new....to work out my absences....so the advise if you are new to this or u cld pass it on is to include a spreadsheet.....

i guess i have spoken much so i will stop here and by all means ask any questions.....

those waiting...gaku....isharif and all the others...it will be well.....best wishes my friends and it is good we have this support network!

Locked
cron