ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

MiraclePrayer
Newly Registered

welcome

Post by MiraclePrayer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Boniface,drsk .... welcome to the forum. All the best and may you get your ILR real quick.

It's been a long time we have not had any good news...... Superman555, any more premonitions :wink: :wink: [/quote]

smz
Newly Registered

Post by smz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:48 pm

They really are. Politicians are always telling us that the economy is bad, there isn't any money yet UKBA are so quick to tell you to withdraw your application like we pick money off the street.

Believe me I understand your frustration. No one cares and it's so painful because we have no one in government fighting for us.

What can I say. Please continue to have patience but follow up everyday if you can to see whats going on. We on this forum are literally all in this together.

boniface

Post by boniface » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm

I called them today to request my partner's passport as he needs to go abroad for a school trip soon and they said my partner needs to call himself. Do you think it might affect my application if he requests his passport back?

smz
Newly Registered

Post by smz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 pm

from the previous posts i have read it shouldn't as they can photocopy what they need. but please get your husband to double check when he calls them as these people are so unpredictable with their day to day rule changes.

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Miracle prayer- keep up the motivation and prayers.

Polly- I am glad you are back updating the list.

To everyone waiting- I can see it has been few days we heard anyone getting approval. In my experience (of updating the list for 4 months), this does happen from time to time then there will be a wave of approvals all at once. I hope you get your passports soon.

I am very surprised that SET M is taking this long. Back in October last year Set M used to take 8-10 weeks and Set O 14-16 weeks.

smz
Newly Registered

Post by smz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:39 pm

hi doubletrouble, always nice to get a post from you :D. we are really suffering here as you can see. how does it feel having your own documents back? i know its a stupid question but i feel like going somewhere, anywhere once my documents have arrived, courtesy of UKBA.

hsmp2010

app

Post by hsmp2010 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I wrote my MP today to provide us online or phone application tracking system so that atleast we know where we are.

Also I am amazed to know how much they r slow and how much they r getting ILR application despite such strong criteria for points based system at every stage whether initial,then extension then settlement. Everry stage is now super tight still they r getting so much applications that they cant cope amazing.

But they r super quick in taking out money which makes me furious most. Cant they provide us simple online tracking system of our applications how difficult is developing that software. Really frustrating.

doubletrouble

Re: app

Post by doubletrouble » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 pm

thanks smz.

hsmp2010 this will cost money to secure an IT system/manager etc. And this will push cost of ILR even higher.

I wonder what people who got ILR free as a walk in service 10 years ago would be thinking reading all our misery!
hsmp2010 wrote: But they r super quick in taking out money which makes me furious most. Cant they provide us simple online tracking system of our applications how difficult is developing that software. Really frustrating.

VN

Post by VN » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Please add me as well to the list.
SET (O) JR
Applied for ILR with my dependent on 11.11.11
confirmation letter dated 15.11.11
nothing since ((

MiraclePrayer
Newly Registered

Post by MiraclePrayer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:47 pm

doubletrouble wrote:Miracle prayer- keep up the motivation and prayers.

Polly- I am glad you are back updating the list.

To everyone waiting- I can see it has been few days we heard anyone getting approval. In my experience (of updating the list for 4 months), this does happen from time to time then there will be a wave of approvals all at once. I hope you get your passports soon.

I am very surprised that SET M is taking this long. Back in October last year Set M used to take 8-10 weeks and Set O 14-16 weeks.

Doubletrouble, good to see that you keep a watchful eye over your baby (forum). It's great to have opinions of past members of this thread.

I share your concern about how long its been taking recently, both set m and o .... any idea why this is happening or is it just because of the Xmas hols that were in between. I tried scrolling down the thread to check if this trend persisted during the same periods over the last two years but did not notice any such delays.

Hopefully the wave of approvals will start soon. :D

drsk
Newly Registered

Re: app

Post by drsk » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 am

doubletrouble wrote:thanks smz.

hsmp2010 this will cost money to secure an IT system/manager etc. And this will push cost of ILR even higher.

I wonder what people who got ILR free as a walk in service 10 years ago would be thinking reading all our misery!
hsmp2010 wrote: But they r super quick in taking out money which makes me furious most. Cant they provide us simple online tracking system of our applications how difficult is developing that software. Really frustrating.
I was talking to a work colleague just yesterday who said he got ILR over the phone 10 yrs ago!!! He called and said he was unable to attend in person due to a busy work schedule, sent them his documents in the post, came back within the week with ILR stamped...free!!!

aggh...this wait is ridiculous, if they had to answer to their own citizens about this kind of delay, they would get their act together. Miserable sods the whole lot of them!

There...now i feel better :wink:

drsk
Newly Registered

Re: welcome

Post by drsk » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am

MiraclePrayer wrote:Boniface,drsk .... welcome to the forum. All the best and may you get your ILR real quick.

It's been a long time we have not had any good news...... Superman555, any more premonitions :wink: :wink:
[/quote]

Thanks Miracle Prayer, hope this ends soon. Can't wait to get my passport back. Even the Indian embassy is more proactive than this.

drsk
Newly Registered

Post by drsk » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 am

boniface wrote:I called them today to request my partner's passport as he needs to go abroad for a school trip soon and they said my partner needs to call himself. Do you think it might affect my application if he requests his passport back?
Hey Boni, it depends on what type of application you guys have submitted I think. Are you a dependent? If so, then I suppose it will. If you have sent in seperate applications then it shouldn't, however, if it in on one application then I presume you will be affected. :( Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

setMyasin

Post by setMyasin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Its been nerly 8 weeks no news as Of yet..wonder y set m applications taking soo long. Looks like gota cancel flight :-(

bob-russell

ILR application went in 21st October!

Post by bob-russell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 pm

New to this forum but we have been panicking because we are still waiting for ILR to be issued for my wife and daughter!

In a way it is comforting that others are waiting crazy times. My wife is convinced it is because they don't want her to stay in the UK!

We have done everything by the book and the application should be totally straight forward. Is it worth writing to them? If so where should I write to complain?

Many thanks in advance!

SimBal
Newly Registered

Im Happy!

Post by SimBal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello!!

Im very pleased to update that after 11 weeks and 5 days I received our documents back with ILR stamped for me and my son, from Liverpool.
Dated 31/01/12 and was delivered today by next day special delivery.

I hope more good news will come soon to all waiting!

Thank you very much!

SimBal

chrisrich

Re: Im Happy!

Post by chrisrich » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:40 pm

SimBal wrote:Hello!!

Im very pleased to update that after 11 weeks and 5 days I received our documents back with ILR stamped for me and my son, from Liverpool.
Dated 31/01/12 and was delivered today by next day special delivery.

I hope more good news will come soon to all waiting!

Thank you very much!

SimBal
Congs Simbal, enjoy your indefinite leave, nice to get some positive news after a while.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

ruthmac
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application went in 21st October!

Post by ruthmac » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 pm

bob-russell wrote:New to this forum but we have been panicking because we are still waiting for ILR to be issued for my wife and daughter!
Hi Bob,

We sent my husband's (straightforward) SET M on the 21st Oct, and we're still waiting too...
ruth

SimBal
Newly Registered

Post by SimBal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Thank you Chrisrich!

I Hope to hear your good news soon!

bob-russell

Re: ILR application went in 21st October!

Post by bob-russell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:25 pm

ruthmac wrote:
bob-russell wrote:New to this forum but we have been panicking because we are still waiting for ILR to be issued for my wife and daughter!
Hi Bob,

We sent my husband's (straightforward) SET M on the 21st Oct, and we're still waiting too...
ruth
We spent months waiting for TLR two+ years ago. What a shame the standards of service remain so poor. It really is a disgrace that any government department should take this length of time.

Thanks for letting us know we are not alone. If I had found this forum before I would have been able to forewarn my wife that it would be drawn out again.

She wants to visit a friend in Switzerland but clearly cannot until she gets her passport back!