Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show


Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 am


Post by harryb47 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 am

Hi ,
Iam on Tier 1 & I would like to apply for ILR IN June 2011 .I just want to know how long i can stay out of country for the entire 5 yrs period .
One more question is My wife is in India & she has stayed with me for 2.5 yrs
before going to India .She will come to UK in MAY 2011 .Can i apply for her at the same time in June 2011 .So what is the requirement for Spouse .

Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Cisadi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:33 am

Its situational and mostly depends on how the case worker is viewing your application. However it is recommanded that you do not spend more then 90 days in a single year and more then 180 days in the entire five year period outside the UK.

When did your wife left the UK ? Normally if you can prove that she has stayed with you for around two years than it should be fine (although, you need to check on this if she hasn't been living with you since a long time recently.

You should be able to apply in June 2011 from the information you have provided.