ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKUSAMarriage
Newly Registered

ILR Question

Post by UKUSAMarriage » Tue May 12, 2020 11:23 am

Dear All,

It's finally time for my wife to get ILR after years of visas! Thank goodness.

Once we submit the ILR application I (the british sponsor) will be out of the country for some time. Couple of questions:

1. Is there any sort of interview required for ILR?

2. Biometrics appointment- can my wife (applicant) attend this without me as her sponsor if it falls when I am outside the U.K?

3. Any other problems which might occur if I am out of the UK while the application is being reviewed?

Thanks for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Question

Post by CR001 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am

Once we submit the ILR application I (the british sponsor) will be out of the country for some time.
How soon after applying are you leaving the UK??
Not usually no but HO can at any time ask for original documents or an interview, though interviews are rare.
2. Biometrics appointment- can my wife (applicant) attend this without me as her sponsor if it falls when I am outside the U.K?
Yes.
3. Any other problems which might occur if I am out of the UK while the application is being reviewed?
How are you planning on meeting the financial requirements?? The requirement for your spouse to get ILR is that she is present and settled and living with her British spouse who is also present and settled in the UK.

Note also that there are currently delays and all the Life in the UK test centres and the UKCVAS Biometric centres are closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKUSAMarriage
Newly Registered

Post by UKUSAMarriage » Tue May 12, 2020 12:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am
Once we submit the ILR application I (the british sponsor) will be out of the country for some time.
How soon after applying are you leaving the UK??
Not usually no but HO can at any time ask for original documents or an interview, though interviews are rare.
Yes.
How are you planning on meeting the financial requirements?? The requirement for your spouse to get ILR is that she is present and settled and living with her British spouse who is also present and settled in the UK.

Note also that there are currently delays and all the Life in the UK test centres and the UKCVAS Biometric centres are closed.
Applying for ILR in Jan 21- sponsor out of country late March 21 - early April 21 for 3 weeks. I am just afraid something may happen and I will need to be there.

We are both present, living together and settled within the UK- both fully employed here too. I am away on non work related travel.

Thanks for the heads up about delays. It is also good to get reassurance that the biometrics can be done without the sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:23 pm

You are free to travel, no restriction for you. Your spouse can't travel though while an application is pending with Home Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKUSAMarriage
Newly Registered

Post by UKUSAMarriage » Tue May 12, 2020 2:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:23 pm
You are free to travel, no restriction for you. Your spouse can't travel though while an application is pending with Home Office.
Brilliant, thank you.