ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Questions 5 year Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JaySun
Newly Registered

ILR Questions 5 year Route

Post by JaySun » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:52 am

Hi All,

I am due to complete my 5 years in the Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2 General before) in January 2023.

Do you have any guide on the documents that I need to collect before applying?

I also have a question regarding the Employment letter and the Absence.

What should be included in the Employment Letter?

I changed jobs in February 2021, a Switch of Sponsor and all my international travel were pre-Covid/pre-2020 with my previous employer.
Should I get a letter from my previous employer about this?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Questions 5 year Route

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:48 am

You ONLY need one employer letter from your current sponsor :!:

1 - Even though the online form may (inaccurately) mention this, according to the immigration rules there is no specific requirement for any evidence or letter to cover periods of absences. Just get your sponsor to confirm in the letter that they approved all the periods of absence from work. The details of what you did during these periods are not important. Your sponsor is not expected to know what you did during your periods of absence from work :!:

The immigration rules do not require details: indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888

2- The employer letter needs to specify that you are needed for the foreseeable future:
The eligibility rules (paragraph SW 24.1.) require the sponsor to still hold a Skilled
Worker licence. The sponsor must confirm they require the applicant to work for
them for the foreseeable future
, and the applicant will be paid at least the minimum
salary in paragraph SW 24.3. for the foreseeable future. The sponsor should not
assign a new CoS for this purpose – an e-mail or letter is sufficient, as long as it can
be verified with the sponsor if necessary.
Source: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... worker.pdf

3- No need to get any letters from the previous sponsor anymore.
Checkout an ILR success case here: indefinite-leave-to-remain/effect-of-au ... l#p2113860

4. Your employer letter must be dated within 28 days of applying online, so it cannot be dated after you submit your application online !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JaySun
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Questions 5 year Route

Post by JaySun » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:28 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:48 am
There is no specific employment letter for absences: indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888

The employer letter also needs to specify this:
The eligibility rules (paragraph SW 24.1.) require the sponsor to still hold a Skilled
Worker licence. The sponsor must confirm they require the applicant to work for
them for the foreseeable future, and the applicant will be paid at least the minimum
salary in paragraph SW 24.3. for the foreseeable future. The sponsor should not
assign a new CoS for this purpose – an e-mail or letter is sufficient, as long as it can
be verified with the sponsor if necessary.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... worker.pdf

No need to get any letters from the previous sponsor anymore. The online system will tell you what docs to send
Thank you Zimba for the answer! Appreciate it!