ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refusal on Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

junoma
Newly Registered

ILR Refusal on Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by junoma » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:00 am

Hi There,

I am a Regular follower of this group, I have read so many people getting help from this source, with the same intention I'm asking for help, as I have left with only 14 days for administration review.
kindly suggest me what should I do, as I'm not able to think of anything at the moment.

I have applied for ILR on dec 2018 as a team on the basis of Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 yr route.
After 15 months my business partner was invited to Skype interview on march 2020 and 2 days later I was invited, but due to covid-19 my interview was postponed till may 2020 and I had a telephonic interview.

my business partner was approved for ILR in June 2020 on the same T1E - ILR 5yr route

*due to some personal reasons my business partner has removed me as Director of the company on aug 2020
- today I received a refusal for ILR on the basis as below:
1)the credibility of your business activity in the UK; you have established, taken over or become a director of one or more genuine businesses in the UK, and have genuinely operated that business;
2) the viability and credibility of the source of the money referred to in Table 6 of Appendix A.
3) you intend to continue operating one or more businesses in the UK.

Dear zimba, Macarnath, CR001 please do help me to get me out of this situation.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Refusal on Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 am

There is no such thing as 'applied as a team'. Your applications are separate. However given that your business partner was granted ILR, the refusal reasons stated questioning the genuineness of your business then have no merits unless UKVI believes you were not as involved in the business/doing genuine work as your team member. I believe this should be overturned in AR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:33 pm

junoma wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:00 am
Hi There,

I am a Regular follower of this group, I have read so many people getting help from this source, with the same intention I'm asking for help, as I have left with only 14 days for administration review.
kindly suggest me what should I do, as I'm not able to think of anything at the moment.

I have applied for ILR on dec 2018 as a team on the basis of Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 yr route.
After 15 months my business partner was invited to Skype interview on march 2020 and 2 days later I was invited, but due to covid-19 my interview was postponed till may 2020 and I had a telephonic interview.

my business partner was approved for ILR in June 2020 on the same T1E - ILR 5yr route

*due to some personal reasons my business partner has removed me as Director of the company on aug 2020
- today I received a refusal for ILR on the basis as below:
1)the credibility of your business activity in the UK; you have established, taken over or become a director of one or more genuine businesses in the UK, and have genuinely operated that business;
2) the viability and credibility of the source of the money referred to in Table 6 of Appendix A.
3) you intend to continue operating one or more businesses in the UK.

Dear zimba, Macarnath, CR001 please do help me to get me out of this situation.

Thanks
What does the highlighted mean or the effect it probably had in the decision that was given? Was it removal as director only or also meant you no more have a hand in your mutual entrepreneurial ventures?

junoma
Newly Registered

Post by junoma » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:09 pm

That’s what I don’t know what impact it had on decision given. That’s the reason I want zimba to give me a suggestion what should I do, should I reinstate as a director back or is there any other way.
It is removal as a director only.

junoma
Newly Registered

Post by junoma » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 am
There is no such thing as 'applied as a team'. Your applications are separate. However given that your business partner was granted ILR, the refusal reasons stated questioning the genuineness of your business then have no merits unless UKVI believes you were not as involved in the business/doing genuine work as your team member. I believe this should be overturned in AR
Thank you zimba for replying. Below are the details of the interview they asked me about
clients,
market research and
day to day activities of my work, for which I have explained.
The home office is not satisfied with answer saying that it is vague, services provided to the clients appear to be generic and doesn’t appear to be tailored, which is raising concerns.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:56 am

junoma wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:25 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 am
Thank you zimba for replying. Below are the details of the interview they asked me about
clients,
market research and
day to day activities of my work, for which I have explained.
The home office is not satisfied with answer saying that it is vague, services provided to the clients appear to be generic and doesn’t appear to be tailored, which is raising concerns.
UKVI may suspect that your role in the company is not significant. Your removal from your role as director makes you ineligible for ILR unless you start a new business. It seems there is something you are not telling us about your business/circumstances
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice