ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused Due to Salary Threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prsrivastava1990
Newly Registered
India

ILR Refused Due to Salary Threshold

Post by prsrivastava1990 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Dear Board Members,

I am looking for an advise here, I have recently applied for my ILR from T2 (General) route. Home office has refused my ILR on the basis that my salary does not meet the threshold level i.e. £35,800. As per my SOC code my salary is £35k and I had no clue that the level should be £35.8k, I couldn’t find this level to be met on the Document checklist.

My current Visa is expiring on 11th October and I have very limited time now.

Now I need an advice here, my employer is happy to increase the salary for this month as I am the top performer in the company and they do not want to lose me. My employer is happy to give a letter justifying salary increase but I need to know what are the chances that I will get an approval from HO this time on a new ILR application ? I can provide all relevant documents such as new salary slip, bank statement, employer letter confirming new salary and cover letter from employer for salary hike justification but I am not sure if I will need to attach any other documents from employer and whether HO will consider my application as a genuine?

Please help me with your feedback and guide the best way possible.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Refused Due to Salary Threshold

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:07 pm

The requirement is £35,800pa or what is stated in your soc, whichever is higher and is based on 39 hours per week and this is clearly stated in the set o guidance and in the immigration rules and the ilr salary threshold has been in place for a number of years now.

If you have a salary slip and bank statement at the required level, then there is no reason you should be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prsrivastava1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by prsrivastava1990 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Many thanks for your quick response,

I have salary slip and bank statement for this month as my new salary will be from this month onwards and I will be submitting my ILR application again by 1st week October.

Do you see this to be a problem ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:38 pm

The Home Office is generally not a huge fan of salaries being increased artifically just before applications are due, to meet salary thresholds.

That could trigger an investigation of not only your case, but also all the other Tier 2 roles that your employer fills (essentially their Tier 2 licence will be investigated and potentially revoked).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

prsrivastava1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by prsrivastava1990 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks for your response, I understand that the salary is being increased but it was anyway due because i had no salary increase in last 2 year and Company still want me to be in the job as if I failed to get the ILR then I will have to go back to India and my employer doesn’t want this to happen because I am quite valuable asset for their company.

Can you please suggest what I should do and how to convince Home Office that this is a genuine but not artificial etc ?

prsrivastava1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by prsrivastava1990 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:40 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:38 pm
The Home Office is generally not a huge fan of salaries being increased artifically just before applications are due, to meet salary thresholds.

That could trigger an investigation of not only your case, but also all the other Tier 2 roles that your employer fills (essentially their Tier 2 licence will be investigated and potentially revoked).
Thanks for your response, I understand that the salary is being increased but it was anyway due because i had no salary increase in last 2 year and Company still want me to be in the job as if I failed to get the ILR then I will have to go back to India and my employer doesn’t want this to happen because I am quite valuable asset for their company.

Can you please suggest what I should do and how to convince Home Office that this is a genuine but not artificial etc ?