ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (0) : Have I missed an action?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssavcn
Newly Registered

ILR Set (0) : Have I missed an action?

Post by ssavcn » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Hello folks,

Applied for ILR under 5-year Tier 2 (skilled worker) route with one dependent (spouse). Straightforward application, if you ask me. Same employer, less than 100 days outside the country in total. Letter from employer provided along with other documents. Paid for priority (5 day) and completed biometrics on 16th Sept at Croydon.

Radio silence since. This makes me wonder if there is some further action that I need to take. To explain, the UKVI application page does not say application submitted or under consideration. It shows the tab after payment which advises mandatory actions which are: sign and upload declaration, attend biomentrics. Of course, I have done these things.

So far, the emails I have received are two:

1. 16th September: On the day of biometrics the email from FES Submissions <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk>:
Dear XXXX,
If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.
We are delighted to confirm that the supporting information for your visa application has been submitted to UKVI.
All updates about your application will come from UKVI directly and NOT from UKVCAS. You can find details about UKVI’s timescales for processing your application here
UKVI will be in touch directly if they need any additional information from you and to let you know their decision about your application.
2. 30th August: The day I paid the ILR and priority fee, email from noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
UK Visas & Immigration
Payment successful
Date: 30 Aug 2022
Name: XXXX
Visa: Set (O)
Fee paid: 5808.00 GBP
Reference: UKVI_XXXX
This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment and the application has been submitted.
What you need to do next
If you have not already done so, you must return to your application to book and attend an appointment with our commercial partner to provide your documents and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).
If you want to, you can also download a copy of your application form and document checklist.
Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions.
SO my questions are these:
1. I haven't missed any action and can safely assume that the application has reached where it needed to reach?
2. Is there any email update that I have missed? Apart from the outcome one, obviously.
3. It has been seven working days (more than 5!) but as the mods in forum rightfully remind, it is not a promise...so I am still patient but I wonder when would be a good time to take some action? Contact MP etc.
4. I did not scan all the stamped pages of my passport. They did not ask for it and I didn't want to inundate the caseworker with unnecessary documents. I also assumed that they would have records of my travel - they are the Home Office! This is a non-issue, right?

ssavcn
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set (0) : Have I missed an action?

Post by ssavcn » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:02 pm

To clarify, I scanned the cover pages with my name, address, etc. and submitted that. Just not the stamped pages of the booklet.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:43 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ssavcn
Newly Registered

Post by ssavcn » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:14 pm

Thanks Zimba. I had read this. I hope you would agree that my question was a little different.

My UKVI application page does not show anything to suggest that the application was completed/submitted, nor does it seem to recognise that the mandatory actions it continues to show me (sign declaration and attend appointment) have been completed.

Therefore, I was wondering if there is an action at my end that I have not yet clocked and remains outstanding.

Any help appreciated. Do other people, who like me are waiting for a decision, see the same page?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:59 pm

There is no action to take. During your biometrics, your application is submitted to UKVI by UKVCAS staff. Refrain from logging in the online accounts, they do not accurately show anything :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ns1106
Newly Registered
India

Post by ns1106 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:41 am

I am pretty much in the exact same scenario (but no dependants). Set (o) from tier 2 after 5 yrs. Priority service. Had the biometrics submitted on 16th Sept. Radio silence since. Called up UKVI and they said they can not escalate unless it is a Medical Emergency. Asked me to submit an online complaint form that takes 20days to process. I'd rather just get an update on my application have paid for priority for a reason! Not sure I can do much more than just wait...