Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set M requirements

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
xzaf
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

ILR Set M requirements

Post by xzaf » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:29 pm

HI

Just wanted to know what are the requirements for ILR M route. Just submitted FLR (M) so this is just to prepare in advance of what is required in terms of documents etc..

Any link to a full list of requirement appreciated?

Thanks

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 10379
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by Zimba » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:54 am

The online system tells you what you need :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

xzaf
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by xzaf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:27 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:54 am
The online system tells you what you need :!:
so do i have to go through the online system to find out what i need? is there nothing online i can read because applying online is not needed as of yet.

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:41 am

All the same requirements as the spouse visa and FLR(M) extension.

Financial requirement evidence.
English B1
2 year evidence of cohabitation in both names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xzaf
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by xzaf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:41 am
All the same requirements as the spouse visa and FLR(M) extension.

Financial requirement evidence.
English B1
2 year evidence of cohabitation in both names.
Thanks CR001

so what about life in the UK test, i think i read that somewhere we will need that as well? and the financial requirement is that again for the last 6 months evidence or the whole 5 years?

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Yes and LIUK.

Financial evidence for the 6 months prior to application date or 12 months, depending on the category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xzaf
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by xzaf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 pm
Yes and LIUK.

Financial evidence for the 6 months prior to application date or 12 months, depending on the category.
OK, so it very much similar to FLR (M) like you said. i was concerned as someone said HO will want to know the entire 5 years work history. So if one of us is unemployed for a period of time its not going to have a negative impact as long as 6 months or 12 months are shown at the time of application?

Thanks

xzaf
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by xzaf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm

can someone confirm the above please?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 5516
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:27 pm

xzaf wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:48 pm

OK, so it very much similar to FLR (M) like you said.
Yes for which have sufficient knowledge now.
immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-in ... l#p1845909
xzaf wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:48 pm
as long as 6 months or 12 months are shown at the time of application?
yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xzaf
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by xzaf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks Seagul,

Yes that's correct I've got good knowledge of FLR (M). it was more of some clarifications on couple of point as mentioned above and if that is how you say it is then its good to go.

Any advise or a link to practicing life in UK?

Thanks

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 5516
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 pm

xzaf wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:15 pm
Any advise or a link to practicing life in UK?
Yes there are countless but third party links are not allowed to paste as per the forum rule. You can google search yourself.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xzaf
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by xzaf » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks

can anyone confirm how long is the Life in the UK certificate valid for?

gatha_vdm
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am
India

Re: ILR Set M requirements

Post by gatha_vdm » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am

Life in the UK valid once you have got it. there is no valid end date

Post Reply
cron