ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR from spouse visa

Post by Skybird27 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Hi
I am recently got first extension for my spouse visa and now looking to apply for ILR in Sep 2021.
Have some questions if someone can help.

First entry in UK: 01 Oct 2016
Current BRP expiry : Mar 2022

1. can I apply ILR counting 5 years from 1st Oct 2016 in Sep 2021?

2. I am working on a 15hr weekly contract but would have opportunity to do lot of overtime, I don't want to change employer as I am happy here. So in last year before applying do I need to earn £18600 in last 12 months? Because it would be variable pay every week so if I do over time and earn more then £18600 in 10 - 12 months would that be ok? or I need to have permanent job with annual salary of £18600 per annum. Also would I need to attach 12months salary slips and bank statements? I am confused with EARNED or EARNING as my contract would be showing only 15hr per week?

3. for cohabitation I have joint bank account with my partner and my bank statements and phone bill in partner name, NHS, HMRC and job letter in each one name showing same address. Would that be enough to prove cohabitation? is there any minimum documentations that must be produced so that I can start keeping docs. Also is it for 2 years or whole 5 years?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR from spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:28 pm

1. Yes

2. If you are happy with present employer then make sure to have earned at least £9300 during the last six months from the date of application. Try to do overtime as much as you can with 15 hrs of work which alone I guess won't meet the requirement. You would only need 6 months of payslips & corresponding bank statements and recent employer letter.

3. They should should either be 6 if joint named otherwise 12 in numbers covering the last 2 years from at least 3 different sources.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Skybird27 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi Seagul
thanks for your reply, could you please guide me further.
If i start overtime from 12 months before the date of application and then achieve the figure of 18600 at some stage within that period. Would that still meet the requirement? Reason being is that i don't want to leave it till last 6 months. Also under what category my income would be considered? i.e CAT A OR B
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Skybird27 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi Seagul
thanks for your reply, could you please guide me further.
If i start overtime from 12 months before the date of application and then achieve the figure of 18600 at some stage within that period. Would that still meet the requirement? Reason being is that i don't want to leave it till last 6 months. Also under what category my income would be considered? i.e CAT A OR B
Thanks
While staying with your present employer for at least 6 months if you manage to earn at least £9300 (basic wages + overtime) during the six last months then apply under category A.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR Set M

Post by Skybird27 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:34 am

Hi
thanks for this forum for help with my previous queries. I am planing to apply ILR (from spouse visa) on completion of 5 year continues period in first week of September.

I have few questions of someone could help please.

I am doing 2 jobs more the 6 months old, both are with with variable monthly income but overall income is more then £18600 p/a (above £1550 every month). Do i need to attach 6 months pay slips or for 1 year?

do my partner need to attach re employment if i meet income criteria? as partner not in regular work from a year or so.

can you please help how many documents i need for proof of cohabitation. Me and my partner have a joint account but nothing else in joint name. Rest regular mobile bills, random NHS letters, polling cards, mix letters from various sources. A housing association tenancy agreement in mother in law's name and letter confirming that i have permission to live with them.

one of the Employer can't give a job letter but have payslips, signed contract P60 etc..would that be enough? Employer say you can print your online profile etc but can't issue specific letters.

Appreciate if someone could help.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Set M

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm

1. I think you can apply under category A and send 6 months worth of payslips
2. No
3. ANY evidence can be used. They don't need to be in joint names specifically
4. Employer letter is required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Skybird27 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:59 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm
1. I think you can apply under category A and send 6 months worth of payslips
2. No
3. ANY evidence can be used. They don't need to be in joint names specifically
4. Employer letter is required
Hi Zimba
many thanks for your reply..just want to clarify how do i select under which category i apply, i mean to say do they give options in online form ?

Also please see if i am correct in providing following cohabitation docs:

Source #1 (Joint Bank statement)
4 statements spread across 2 years. Total 4 docs

Source # 2 (Mobile bills in each name)
4 bills in my name 4 in partner name. Total 8 docs

Source # 3
Random NHS and other letters 4 in my name 4 in partner name. Total 8 docs.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:53 am

You need to start the form. It should give you the options. I cannot comment on that accurately as forms change regularly and I'm not using them. As I also said ANY evidence from ANY source can be used for cohabitaion. There is no specific requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Skybird27 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:21 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:53 am
You need to start the form. It should give you the options. I cannot comment on that accurately as forms change regularly and I'm not using them. As I also said ANY evidence from ANY source can be used for cohabitaion. There is no specific requirement
Zimba Many thanks .. i will start the form and might come back to this forum for a feedback. Really appreciate your help.

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Skybird27 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:36 am

Hi

i would like to say a big THANK YOU for help via this forum.

ILR application was a great success, applied via super priority service on 5th Sep and attended biometrics appointment on 7th Sep and approval received same day just under 3 hours.

From filling up online form, payments, appointment booking, documents upload and finally biometrics it was a smooth sailing.

Soon as BRP received looking to start application for naturalization.

Thanks for all the help.

xxzeroxx
Newly Registered

Post by xxzeroxx » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Hi Skybird27,

did you have to submit an employment letter or just the profile as you mentioned in your earlier messages?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:45 pm

xxzeroxx wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm
Hi Skybird27,

did you have to submit an employment letter or just the profile as you mentioned in your earlier messages?
Refrain from tagging your query all over the forum :!: :!: Start your own post if you have any questions

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Skybird27 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:44 am

xxzeroxx wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm
Hi Skybird27,

yes had to submit a basic employment letter.