ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET O Application query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalven

ILR SET O Application query

Post by kalven » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:01 pm

Hi

I am currently holding British Passport.
My wife is living in UK under Tier2 PBS visa for more than 7 years now and am about to apply for ILR.
She has been in -> Tier 5 Visa from 2013-2015 and then
-> Tier 2 PBS dependant from Dec 2015 till now

Q1. Select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain.
-> Should it be 'Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms' and explain as PBS tier 2?

Q2. 'when did you first enter UK',
-> Should it be Dec 2015? as the application is based on PBS dependant or her entry in UK in any other visa before that?

Q3. for section 'Other grounds for wanting to stay in the UK',
-> should she mention our child's (British National) details?

Apologies if its unclear.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET O Application query

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Q1. It is PBS Dependent and not 'other' which is for a completely different category.

Q2. Whichever date, it doesn't matter.

Q3. This question is not that important.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalven

Post by kalven » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:55 am

Hello

Thank you for the response. I do not find option as PBS dependant .. is it ‘ Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant’ this option instead ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:40 am

kalven wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:55 am
Hello

Thank you for the response. I do not find option as PBS dependant .. is it ‘ Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant’ this option instead ?
PBS Tier 2 route does not exist anymore. It is now skilled worker route and their dependant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kalven

Post by kalven » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:51 am

Hi
Thank you.

Sorry about questions again, even though am British, there are some mandatory questions to be filled. do they matter please?

Which visa is Mr--- applying for or been granted?
Do you have one of these reference numbers for Mr ---?
If they have one, what is ----s sponsor licence number?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:31 pm

Note that her ILR is based on your former visa status as a Tier 2 migrant. So answer based on that. Provide the old info if possible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kalven

Post by kalven » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:04 am

Hello

Sorry about returning again. Just curious to understand the reason behind these particular questionnaires.

"Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?"

Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?

My Wife's latest Tier 2 was granted in 2020 (second extension), so I would provide the travel details after Jan 2018. However, Is there a reason why they do not need the last 5 years travel history? Unless my understanding was incorrect!

Please advise..

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:53 am

PBS dependants did NOT have absence limits unless their visa was granted after 11 Jan 2018. So you just declare only absences after 2020 when the extension was issued

kalven

Post by kalven » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:17 am

Thank you. I have now made the application. Thanks for all your support