ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (SET O) application questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

El-Neno
Newly Registered
Libya

Tier 2 to ILR

Post by El-Neno » Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 pm

Hello,

I was granted first tier 2 visa that was valid for 3 years in October 2017. Then I renewed it with the same employer for another 3 years (i.e. till 2023). I'm due to become eligible to apply for ILR in October this year.

However, I'm considering an offer from another employer who would like me to start as soon as possible and they are willing to arrange for the CoS and cover visa/lawyers fees.

My current notice period is 3 months, so if I accept the offer, I probably will start around August/September

Would this affect my ILR application? will I still be eligible to apply in October?

How to provide past 3 months of payslips when I'm only with the new employer for 1/2 month? Can I provide 1 payslip from previous employer and 2 from the new employer?

The probation period with the new employer is 6 months, will the Home office accept the letter that states the employer would require me for the employment in question for the foreseeable future?

Thanks for your help in advance.

El-Neno
Newly Registered
Libya

Re: Tier 2 to ILR

Post by El-Neno » Wed May 11, 2022 10:35 pm

I also understand that I'd need a letter from the employer detailing the purpose and periods of absence in connection with my employment (including periods of annual leave). Do I need to get this from previous employer too?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 12, 2022 11:15 am

The rules have changed. Tier 2 does not exist anymore, you must apply under the skilled worker visa route.
You do not need 3 months of payslips from your sponsor for ILR, it is only the last payslip.
There is no need for a specific employer letter (or even an employer letter from previous sponsors): indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

El-Neno
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by El-Neno » Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:15 am
The rules have changed. Tier 2 does not exist anymore, you must apply under the skilled worker visa route.
You do not need 3 months of payslips from your sponsor for ILR, it is only the last payslip.
There is no need for a specific employer letter (or even an employer letter from previous sponsors): indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888
Thanks for your reply. Yes I've seen that Tier 2 is now replaced by Skilled worker visa.

Does this mean that when I apply for updating my Tier 2 visa with the new employer, I'll be issued a Skilled Worker visa?

Also, based on this, there should be no problems in my ILR application and I should still be able to apply in October, correct?

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 13, 2022 11:43 am

Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

El-Neno
Newly Registered
Libya

ILR (SET O) application questions

Post by El-Neno » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:35 pm

Hello experts,

I've found this board incredibly helpful, and I know this topic is an often asked one, but I haven't been able to find answers to my specific questions here after perusing a lot of the threads so I thought I'd ask directly and hopefully get an answer once and for all to help steer my application.

I have been living in the UK since September 2012. I first came as a student (tier 4 visa), then in October 2017 I switched to tier 2 / skilled worked visa. I also have changed employers in November 2022. I’m looking to apply for ILR (5 years route).

Application is ILR - 5 Years - Set O.

Questions:

1. My last day with the first employer was on the 4th November 2022, and started with the new employer on the 15th November 2022. I did travel outside the UK on the 9th and came back on the 14th. Technically I wasn’t employer during those 11 days. Does this have any effect on my application?

2. A question in the application form: “When did you first enter the UK?”. Shall I enter the date I entered as a student in 2012, or when my first tier 2 visa was issued? (Note that I switched within the UK).

3. Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK? should I provide 10 years travel history or only 5 years history?

4. My previous employer have provided me with an absence letter that’s detailing all of my annual leaves (including time spent in the UK). Is this acceptable?

5. Within the checklist of items which I need to tick, there are two options :
1. Current Biometric Residence Permit
2. Evidence of X's immigration status in the UK

I have ticked the BRP options, but not sure about the other option. Do I need to tick it? if so, what evidence to provide?

6. Any other documents to submit beside the ones in the checklist? For examples:
1. I own a house through a mortgage, should submit the register of title?
2. Should I submit my university degree?

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ILR (SET O) application questions

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:42 pm

El-Neno wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:35 pm
Hello experts,

I've found this board incredibly helpful, and I know this topic is an often asked one, but I haven't been able to find answers to my specific questions here after perusing a lot of the threads so I thought I'd ask directly and hopefully get an answer once and for all to help steer my application.

I have been living in the UK since September 2012. I first came as a student (tier 4 visa), then in October 2017 I switched to tier 2 / skilled worked visa. I also have changed employers in November 2022. I’m looking to apply for ILR (5 years route).

Application is ILR - 5 Years - Set O.

Questions:

1. My last day with the first employer was on the 4th November 2022, and started with the new employer on the 15th November 2022. I did travel outside the UK on the 9th and came back on the 14th. Technically I wasn’t employer during those 11 days. Does this have any effect on my application? No

2. A question in the application form: “When did you first enter the UK?”. Shall I enter the date I entered as a student in 2012, or when my first tier 2 visa was issued? (Note that I switched within the UK). Yes

3. Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK? should I provide 10 years travel history or only 5 years history? 5 years

4. My previous employer have provided me with an absence letter that’s detailing all of my annual leaves (including time spent in the UK). Is this acceptable? Yes

5. Within the checklist of items which I need to tick, there are two options :
1. Current Biometric Residence Permit
2. Evidence of X's immigration status in the UK BRP does both jobs

I have ticked the BRP options, but not sure about the other option. Do I need to tick it? if so, what evidence to provide?

6. Any other documents to submit beside the ones in the checklist? For examples:
1. I own a house through a mortgage, should submit the register of title? Not required.
2. Should I submit my university degree? UK degree can be used for English requirements.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

El-Neno
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by El-Neno » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:03 pm

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your answer for Q2 above (Yes), is that referring to 2012 date?

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:35 am

El-Neno wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:03 pm
Thank you for your response.

Regarding your answer for Q2 above (Yes), is that referring to 2012 date?

Thanks.
Yes 2012, that's when you first entered.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!