ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (O) Dependant - Immigration History

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set (O) Waiting Time

Post by vineetb » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:05 pm

Hello,

My partner is about to apply for her ILR through the Set (O) Dependant route. However, we're also planning to go away for a 4 weeks soon, so I was wondering if anybody who's recently submitted their application can advise on how long it is currently taking to get an appointment. We will be opting for the premium service to get a decision asap, but not sure what the current wait time for appointments is. Thanks.

Rambo_ILR
India

Re: ILR Set (O) Waiting Time

Post by Rambo_ILR » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:11 pm

Don't think premium services are currently running, My dependent got a decision within 6 weeks via Tier 2 Dependent route from date of application. 3 weeks after biometric submission.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:24 pm

vineetb wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:05 pm
Hello,

My partner is about to apply for her ILR through the Set (O) Dependant route. However, we're also planning to go away for a 4 weeks soon, so I was wondering if anybody who's recently submitted their application can advise on how long it is currently taking to get an appointment. We will be opting for the premium service to get a decision asap, but not sure what the current wait time for appointments is. Thanks.
Super priority is offered by UKVI not UKVCAS, which is currently suspended and no one knows when it will resume. You will have to apply via the standard route.
Once you apply, how long will it take? It varies too on case basis so keep a look at the timelines thread at the top of this forum.
Also, the normal UKVCAS appointment to submit biometrics are running at a 28 days lag. The earliest now you can book is on 2nd Dec for 29th Dec due to festive period closures.
Moreover, once you apply and submit online, the applicant can not travel outside UK while the ILR application is pending, otherwise it will be withdrawn.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:31 pm

Also, we already have a topic for similar discussions. Please follow:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 99639.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

ILR Premium Service

Post by vineetb » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi,

Can you please advise when applying for ILR and using the optional premium services in the UK, can I opt for either Super Priority (£800) or Expedited - Priority (£500)?

Thanks

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set (O) Dependant - Immigration History

Post by vineetb » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 pm

Hi,

Can you please help with the following information relating to Immigration History for ILR Set(O) Dependant application:

1) For the question "Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?", would I answer yes if I've had my Tier 2 Dependant Visa renewed since this date?

2) Do I only need to specify absences since 11 January 2018? Or would this be absences spanning the 5 year qualifying period for ILR application? I presume the whole 5 year period would be required to calculate continuous period in UK.

Thanks,
Vineet

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Premium Service

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:55 pm

vineetb wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 pm
Hi,

Can you please advise when applying for ILR and using the optional premium services in the UK, can I opt for either Super Priority (£800) or Expedited - Priority (£500)?

Thanks
The options are offered when you want to pay. Whatever that is available there is what you can opt for
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Set (O) Dependant - Immigration History

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:55 pm

vineetb wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 pm
Hi,

Can you please help with the following information relating to Immigration History for ILR Set(O) Dependant application:

1) For the question "Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?", would I answer yes if I've had my Tier 2 Dependant Visa renewed since this date?

2) Do I only need to specify absences since 11 January 2018? Or would this be absences spanning the 5 year qualifying period for ILR application? I presume the whole 5 year period would be required to calculate continuous period in UK.

Thanks,
Vineet
1. Yes
2. Only the days after the new visa issued (after 11 Jan 2018), there is no absence limit for any visa period that was issued before that date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

Post by vineetb » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:55 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:55 pm
vineetb wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 pm
Hi,

Thanks,
Vineet
1. Yes
2. Only the days after the new visa issued (after 11 Jan 2018), there is no absence limit for any visa period that was issued before that date
Thanks, Zimba.

Is this a recent change? When I applied for my ILR (from T2G) 2 years ago, I had to enter all absences from the start of the period against which I was making the application.

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

Post by vineetb » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 am

Also is there a definitive list of documents required for ILR Set(O) Dependant application?

Or should we use similar documents submitted as part of Tier 2 Dependant Visa application? I've not been able to find any guidance for this.

The Document Checklist that comes up as part of the ILR application does not mention marriage certificate or joint utility bills.

Thanks,
Vineet

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:54 pm

vineetb wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:55 am
Thanks, Zimba.

Is this a recent change? When I applied for my ILR (from T2G) 2 years ago, I had to enter all absences from the start of the period against which I was making the application.
PBS dependants did not have any absence limit for ILR and this only changed in 2018 and only for people granted a visa after 11 Jan 2018. In fact, the whole purpose of that question on the form is that the system will determine whether to ask you to enter your absence periods or not. If you answer NO to that question, the form will not ask for anything.

There is no need for a marriage certificate. You simply need to submit cohabitation evidence

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

Post by vineetb » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Hi just reading this it only requests the following documents -

- My wife's passport
- Degree certificate
- Evidence of immigration status
- Declaration signed by me
- Her BRP
- Her prev passports

It does not mention any co-habitation documents? I thought we needed to provide these?

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

Post by vineetb » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:11 pm

Also another question - we have reached the payment step but where can I print the declaration that I need to sign? It has not come up anywhere yet. Thanks

vineetb
Newly Registered
India

Post by vineetb » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:50 pm

A third question please - Just to confirm, we don't need to provide any financial information with our application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:27 pm

vineetb wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:50 pm
A third question please - Just to confirm, we don't need to provide any financial information with our application?
No. Just provide cohabitation evidence