ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Set O - Tier 2 General - Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

ILR - Set O - Tier 2 General - Application

Post by janellevega28 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while and have compiled a list of questions. I've started filling up the online form at the gov.uk website and have come across a few things - Appreciate if you all can help? I'd like to prepare my documents and all.

Some facts about me:
  • I entered the UK 2nd week of Feb 2016 on Tier 2 General Visa with Employer A
  • On 05 December 2020, I was issued with a new BRP for Tier 2 General. This is sponsored by my new Employer B
  • My last day with A is 31st December
  • My start date with B is 5 February
  • The current BRP will expire on 05 Feb 2022
  • Whilst with company A, I was only out of the UK for personal holidays - never for business trips
  • In between my last day with A and start date with B, I was on holidays in Bangkok (Dec 20 to Jan 28)
  • My IELTS (CEFR level C2) was issued on October 2015 which I used for the Tier 2 application under company A. Centre Stamp says IELTS Test Centre IDP Thailand
Now I know that I need to prepare Life in the UK, IELTS, a letter from Company A for my holidays, but that's all I know for now. Questions:

1. Is there a list anywhere of what documents I need to prepare? Apart from what I have mentioned already?
2. Do I need to take a separate Englisht test again?
3. For my holidays in between employments, what evidence do I need to provide for that?
4. I've seen 'Certificate of Sponsorship' mentioned - where do I get this from? Is this a letter from Employer B?
5. Payslips? Bank Statements?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - Set O - Tier 2 General - Application

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:29 am

1. You get a list after you submit online
2. No as long as the test centre is still on the approved list
3. No evidence is needed
4. It is a number you issued and given to you with when you were sponsored under the company B
5. Only for the last month
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:03 pm

Thank you @Zimba!

I've checked the latest list, and it still has my centre (TH001) on the list, so I should hopefully be ok.

The COS, I'll ask my company for. They had a 3rd party immigration team who processed my Tier2 back in December so I never got to see that letter at all. I've also asked them if we could 3ngage the same team, but employer is being stingy. Says they will engage them only 3 months before my BRP expiry. So I'm doing all these ony own.

I appreciate your help! Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:04 pm

janellevega28 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:03 pm
Thank you @Zimba!

I've checked the latest list, and it still has my centre (TH001) on the list, so I should hopefully be ok.

The COS, I'll ask my company for. They had a 3rd party immigration team who processed my Tier2 back in December so I never got to see that letter at all. I've also asked them if we could 3ngage the same team, but employer is being stingy. Says they will engage them only 3 months before my BRP expiry. So I'm doing all these ony own.

I appreciate your help! Thanks again!
Are you sure your BRP card doesn't state your CoS number? All the visa my company sponsor states the CoS number on the BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:04 pm
Are you sure your BRP card doesn't state your CoS number? All the visa my company sponsor states the CoS number on the BRP card.
Sorry, that's my bad, the question on the form is "sponsor licence number as shown on your Certificate of Sponsorship". My BRP does have the certificate number, but not the sponsor number.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:45 pm

Get that number from your sponsor
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:03 am

Thank you, mods!

I entered a 'dummy' sponsor license number and populated the online form. I pretty much know what documents to submit and all. I've also contacted employer A for a letter re: my personal holidays overseas. (Win!)

I'm just now arguing with my current HR on the reimbursement of costs. They're being stingy and only wants me to apply for ILR 3 months before expiry! Sorry - this is a rant.

Again, thanks for the help! If I have any further questions I'll drop them here, but hopefully, my next post is on the timelines thread! Cheers!

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:26 pm

Hi there,

Sorry me again. Can I get your thoughts on the letter provided by company A re: my annual leaves?
They've provided a letter with a table of my entitled leaves for they year but not specifically the days that I was away overseas.

Is this sufficient? Or do I need them to sign-off on my actual overseas days in their letter?

E.g.
FromToAnnual Leave Entitled
18 Feb 201631 Dec 201612
01 Jan 201731 Dec 201722
01 Jan 201831 Dec 201822
01 Jan 201931 Dec 201922
01 Jan 202031 Dec 202022
Whilst employed by "A", "janellevega" has not taken any unpaid leaves.[/color]

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:31 pm

No employer is expected to confirm days you were outside the UK. How would they know ?? The letter you have is enough

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:49 pm

I thought so as much, but wasn't sure how strict the requirements would be re: the letter. I figured I'll just send them a table of all my holidays and they'll provide a letter saying, all those are in-line with my annual leave entitlement. :oops:

Thanks again!

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi there,

Sorry, me again. I'm doing some last minute checks on my documents before I hit submit (I just got my employer's support letter :roll: ) and I noticed that the IELTS result I have is a little complicated. Can the mods or the members here have a look and let me know if I should be worried?
  • I've used my IELTS when I entered the UK as Tier 2.
  • CEFR Level C2
  • Overall band score is 8.5
  • Listening, Reading, and Speaking are 9, 9, and 8.5 respectively
  • But Writing is 7.5
I checked that my centre is still valid, but the "List of approved secure English language tests taken outside the UK" spreadsheet says I need 8.5 for all. Am I overthinking this?

Thanks.

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:46 pm

Also, where is this "Declaration signed by janellevega28 to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks" form?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:36 am

English language level for ILR is at CEFR Level B1 or above. Declaration forms should be downloaded when you pay and submit. I cannot tell you where as I am not familiar with the online form

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:57 pm

Thank you, Zimba!

Found the declaration. It's available for download once you proceed to Section 6 (?) Further Actions.

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:29 pm

So quick update, I was successfully approved! Thank you to all the mods who answered my queries.

Now I applied using Super Priority, but I only received my email 70 hours after (Friday @7.30am) I submitted my application at UKVAS which was on Tuesday @9.30am. No other emails in between.

Am I entitled to raise a request for refund? How do I go about this? Or is this going to be automatic?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Refunds are given automatically if you are eligible for it

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

janellevega28
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by janellevega28 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:11 pm

I wish there was a way to follow up and ask. A little unfair that they didn't meet their SLAs for my case.

Thanks as always.