ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR. Sole company director + shareholder. Appreciate ur help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mackintosh1954
Newly Registered

ILR. Sole company director + shareholder. Appreciate ur help

Post by mackintosh1954 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:10 pm

I got my HSMP in May 2007 and Tier 1 (G) in May 2009. I'm due to apply for ILR this month.

I'm the sole director and shareholder of my own company since 2007.

Three years ago, I got my Tier 1 (G) with the previous earnings of net profit of my company (Business accounts + Accountant letter).

I thought I would be able to apply with net profit of the company this time while just found that UKBA asked for proof of registered as self-employed with HMRC which I did not. Because I'm a director - employee in the eye of HMRC.

For the safe side, I'm thinking of apply in the category of employee with salary + dividends. But I met a problem. Due to the nature of my business (trading), I tried to keep as much as possible in the business account to invest and make more profit. Also as mentioned above I thought I would apply with net profit, I do not pay myself monthly and I just paid myself salary once this year in March for 10 months' salary (from July 2011 to April 2012 which is the period I'm going to claim points of previous earnings). I had 3 dividend payments through the claimed period though.

My questions are:

Does UKBA accept employer letter (from myself) for previous salary as I do not have payslips and was just paid once? I have personal/business bank statements and can have a accountant letter to match the figure.

or

Do I still apply with net profit of my company (Business accounts + Accountant letter) like three year ago?

I'm in dilemma and appreciate anyone's help or experience with this.

P.S. Else I have are, Company accounts, Accountant letter, personal/business bank statements, corporation tax receipts, VAT registration & receipts, annual returns, etc.