ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Glasgow Aug 2010 - No P60's, No Payslips

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drbolesta
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Glasgow Aug 2010 - No P60's, No Payslips

Post by drbolesta » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 am

I just wanted to post this in case anyone was going through as much stress as I was about not having their P60's or even payslips. I was on a work permit visa for 5 years. Form SET(O)

I got there a little early, waited about 30 minutes and then was called to the desk to do the preliminary check. She just said, "Can I see your documents?" I gave her:

*3 months bank statements
*Letter from employer stating I had worked there continuously for five years and that I am still needed.
*5 years of work contracts showing I had worked there and that I was still contracted to work after I get my ILR
*Passport with new photos
*Life in UK pass notification

She said it was ok. We talked for a little bit and joked around, she was really friendly. Then she told me to go to the payment desk and they would process the documents.

Waited a while, probably around 2 hours and they had my passport with the new visa on it. Didn't have any type of interview process at all! Walked outta there and straight to the pub for a victory pint!

The cool thing was, they didn't ask me for specific documents, just asked for what I had. I was confident, and everything added up...I had worked at the same place for the full 5 years and all the letters were on the same letterhead, so I suppose you don't NEED P60's or payslips if you can make a strong case without them, at least in my case.

Best of luck

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 am

Congratulations..and thanks for posting your Experience

Idea

Post by Idea » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:05 pm

its correct that p60s are not so vital as to affect the decision. UKBA have access to the information and could find out your work history from your NI number. some of the documents are for cross-checking the information they already have

and i forgot ...Congrats on yout ILR