ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to thank all members of the Forum...it truly is the best forum of all.

I applied for my ILR along with 2 dependents (my husband & son) in 5 years WP category yesterday. Last 2 months have been so stressful but to our surprise, by the grace of God it all went so smooth.

We were dealt with by a very polite caseworker and she only requested 2 things - employer's letter and the Life in the UK test certificates of course apart from the payment receipt and passports. After entering their details in her system and doing the necessary checks she asked for other documents (not specifically requesting any particular document). I carried loads of payslips, bank statements and other supporting docs too but had a few precise ones in the main folder. I handed over 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements, 1 P45 as I have worked for 2 employers and the latest P60.

She was happy with whatever I gave her and again after doing some stuff on the computer she left her desk saying that everything looks OK with the application and she needs to leave the counter to do some photocopying and some checks.

She came back after sometime and handed the originals back to me (just retained the employer's letter). She then said that everything was ok and that they are granting ILR for me and my family starting from today and that our PPs will be ready in about an hours time.

It took much more than an hour for us to get the PPs back but at the end of the day we got what we were after. :) Alls well that ends well. I guess the delay was partially due to the fact that they only work half day and are short on staff on Saturdays. They did loads of applications for a Saturday though.

Finally, all my best wishes for people waiting to apply for their Indefinite Stay. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards.

P.S. The initial screening guy downstairs did specifically request the Life in the UK Test results and a proof of when I left my first job (to check if there was any gap in my employment), for which I had the P45 so no problem there either. :) Good luck guys!

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Hello,
well done in getiing it.. !!!

So you changed employer in ur 5 year tenure?

Were you on WP all your 5 year or tier 2 also ?

no P60 requested ?

Deep..

noor1034
BANNED

Post by noor1034 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Congratulations !!!!

Do they ask for original WP. Im on 5 year WP issued in 2006, however, my pay is now 30% high as listed on my WP. Do they even check what is specified on original WP ?

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Deep4ILR wrote:Hello,
well done in getiing it.. !!!

So you changed employer in ur 5 year tenure?

Were you on WP all your 5 year or tier 2 also ?

no P60 requested ?

Deep..
hi deep, thanks

i did change one employer, way back in Jan 2007 before the tier system came into effect. I have been on WP throughout.

No P60 was requested but I had kept the latest one in the main folder which I took out and asked if the caseworker requires that and she said ok and made a photocopy of that.

i am guessing may be she would have asked for that or more...but when I gave it to her she didn't request any more docs or p60s

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:27 pm

hi vinesh,
thanks for you response..i am refering to your this note now
"The initial screening guy downstairs did specifically request the Life in the UK Test results and a proof of when I left my first job (to check if there was any gap in my employment), for which I had the P45 so no problem there either"

Did they say that they want to check any gap in the employment while requesting for documents ? because form p45 will tell only the end date of employment so how will they detemine the start of next employment

Thanks,
Deep..

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 pm

hi there
congratulations, i am so happy for you.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Congrats...

Did you have to provide your marriage certificate?

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 am

Deep4ILR wrote:hi vinesh,
thanks for you response..i am refering to your this note now
"The initial screening guy downstairs did specifically request the Life in the UK Test results and a proof of when I left my first job (to check if there was any gap in my employment), for which I had the P45 so no problem there either"

Did they say that they want to check any gap in the employment while requesting for documents ? because form p45 will tell only the end date of employment so how will they detemine the start of next employment

Thanks,
Deep..
Basically, the start of new employment doesn't matter, by gap in employment they mean to check if the second WP was applied in time i.e. how many days before or after the first employment ended.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

shs213 wrote:Hi Congrats...

Did you have to provide your marriage certificate?
hi,
no they didn't ask for marriage certificate. I did carry it in my documents though + my passport also says my husbands name.

vinseh

Re: ILR success at PEO Croydon

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 am

girlpower19818 wrote:hi there
congratulations, i am so happy for you.
hey thanks a ton :) it feels great!

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 am

noor1034 wrote:Congratulations !!!!

Do they ask for original WP. Im on 5 year WP issued in 2006, however, my pay is now 30% high as listed on my WP. Do they even check what is specified on original WP ?
thanks mate :)

They did ask me for WP (specifically said - do you have any WPUK papers), which I did. I had the original latest WP but a copy of the previous WP. She didn't have any problem with that. I guess because they actually are able to access all info on their system they ask to see them for handy reference so they can quickly do their formalities.

As far as your salary increase is concerned, you should be ok if the hike is in line with the normal annual increments or pay awards applied to all, or most, staff. After all you are bound to get a salary increase in 5 years isn't it? Since you would be eligible to apply for your ILR next year it might be a good idea to get your company to fill out a technical changes form and let the HO know about that. But it's just my opinion... :)

noor1034
BANNED

Post by noor1034 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 pm

vinseh wrote:
noor1034 wrote:Congratulations !!!!

thanks mate :)

They did ask me for WP (specifically said - do you have any WPUK papers), which I did. I had the original latest WP but a copy of the previous WP. She didn't have any problem with that. I guess because they actually are able to access all info on their system they ask to see them for handy reference so they can quickly do their formalities.

As far as your salary increase is concerned, you should be ok if the hike is in line with the normal annual increments or pay awards applied to all, or most, staff. After all you are bound to get a salary increase in 5 years isn't it? Since you would be eligible to apply for your ILR next year it might be a good idea to get your company to fill out a technical changes form and let the HO know about that. But it's just my opinion... :)

Thanks for your reply. All my pay rises are annual and/or performance based. I think, It is good idea to speak with HR to seek opinion to fill out a technical changes form. I hope HO will still accept these salary raises based on performance and annual review for past three and half year.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:29 pm

noor1034 wrote:
vinseh wrote:
noor1034 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. All my pay rises are annual and/or performance based. I think, It is good idea to speak with HR to seek opinion to fill out a technical changes form. I hope HO will still accept these salary raises based on performance and annual review for past three and half year.
yeah i think so too...good luck :)