ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - PEO croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sac

ILR success - PEO croydon

Post by sac » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:13 pm

hi all,
i got my ILR today at the PEO in Croydon, under HSMP-JR.

it was a straightforward enough process.. i was there by 10am for my 10:30 appointment. the security check, documents check and payment took about 45 mins in all; most of that time was spent standing in queues.

then i waited for an hour, in a large waiting area, for my ticket number to be called. the caseworker at the counter examined my documents, and checked the corresponding info on his system, which took about 20-25 mins. i was then sent away while he processed the app. at 12:45 he called me back and said i had been granted ILR, and told me to come back in an hour or so.

I went out for lunch and came back in a little under an hour, and the stamped ILR was ready and waiting for collection. Total time - 3 hours 45 mins. customer service was satisfactory. The only issue was the awful noise generated by half a dozen crying babies in the waiting area which made me wish i had brought an ipod along. but, all's well that ends well.

re documents, i had a whole pile of papers, but they specifically asked only for: 1. app form with photos 2. passport(s). 3. last three payslips 4. last three bank statements 5. all four years' P60s. that was apparently enough for them to get all the info they needed from their systems.

anyway, job done now, time to crack open a celebratory beer ;-)
good luck everyone. i'm happy to answer any ILR-related queries if i can.
cheers
sac

============
HSMP granted Aug 05
EC stamped Nov 05
Arrived Jan 06
Extension Sep 06
ILR Dec 2009

ukperson
Newly Registered

Post by ukperson » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Congratulations on your ILR success. A quick question, did you have any scanned P60s in your application? Do you have any idea, if scanned P60s are submitted with the ILR - Set (O) application?

raj_bond
Newly Registered

Post by raj_bond » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:25 am

Hello,

Never blame innocent infants, one day you will go through the same situation.

Finally well done with your ILR.

sac

Post by sac » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 am

@UKperson:
no, all my documents were originals.

what is a scanned P-60, anyway? presumably, scanned + printed = same result as a photocopy? and why do you not have the originals? the annual tax return is a pretty important document and must be kept safely... it's a bit odd that do you not have even a single year's original P-60.

the ILR guidance is quite clear that only original docs will be accepted unless there is a very good reason otherwise. even if you go ahead and provide only copies, you'll definitely need to get them attested/certified.

i noticed that the things they looked at most carefully, and made the most computer checks against, were all my previous UK visas, and the P-60s.

sac

Post by sac » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:29 am

@Raj_bond:
haha, true, true... though after waiting idly for two hours i felt like crying and screaming as well :-D

ukperson
Newly Registered

Post by ukperson » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Sac, I do understand the importance of Tax returs. But my situation is different. I am on a Work Permit and within last 5 years I worked for two companies. However my previous company gave me original P45 at the time of relieving. But they never gave any original P60s, as they usually pay a different/less tax for the employees who have come from offshore (i.e. outside UK). Since last month I have been chasing them to send my original P60s, they sent me an email with scanned copies of my 4 P60s. After that I have requested them to put a company's seal and signature. I am hoping to get them soon.
For the current year, I do have a original P60. So 4 photocopies and 1 original P60.

Does this work now?

sac

Post by sac » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:11 am

hmm, i see... well i think that may work for a postal app, but i have my doubts for a PEO app... and why risk a thousand pounds?

forget all this scanned and certified nonsense: you'll be happy to know that you MUST, by law, be given your original P60. it's YOUR copy, not youe employer's (the employer keeps their copy of it, called the P14 part 1). so tell your employer to stop messing around and send you the original immediately.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... G_10013512

"P60

Your P60 is the summary of your pay and the tax that's been deducted from it in the tax year.

Your employer should give you a P60 to keep as a record at the end of every tax year (which runs from 6 April to 5 April the next year). If your employer doesn't give you a P60 at the end of the tax year, ask for it - you're entitled to it by law if you are still working for the employer at 5 April.

You might need it:

to complete a Self Assessment tax return, if this applies to you
to claim back any tax you've overpaid
to apply for tax credits

You may also need it as proof of your income if you apply for a loan or a mortgage - so it's important to keep all your P60s safe.
"

good luck.
cheers

jhp

Post by jhp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:33 am

ukperson wrote:Hi Sac, I do understand the importance of Tax returs. But my situation is different. I am on a Work Permit and within last 5 years I worked for two companies. However my previous company gave me original P45 at the time of relieving. But they never gave any original P60s, as they usually pay a different/less tax for the employees who have come from offshore (i.e. outside UK). Since last month I have been chasing them to send my original P60s, they sent me an email with scanned copies of my 4 P60s. After that I have requested them to put a company's seal and signature. I am hoping to get them soon.
For the current year, I do have a original P60. So 4 photocopies and 1 original P60.

Does this work now?
I hope its not late to respond. However you can call your local tax office and ask them to send you the tax calculation for that year. The home office dont care about how much tax you paid as long as you have paid some tax. I did this for 2 tax years for which I didnt have P60 and the PEO accepted this and I got my ILR in oct thisyear