I am glad to share with you all that my application for ILR had been successful at Croyon PEO on 17th. I was on Tier 2 ICT.
I came to the UK on 19/12/08 on Work permit (issued on 5/12/08), went back to India on 5/12/09 to extend the visa, returned back on 21/12/09 as Tier 2 ICT, and got my Tier 2 ICT extended in the UK in 2010 and 2012. Completed 5 years in Dec 2013, but I had some doubts on the 17 days gap in 2009 when my visa expired and I had it extended in India. But the continous period guidance clearly stated that a gap of 28 days is allowed for out-of-country visa extension, so I had the guidance with me just in case.
My appointment was for 12.50 pm
12.30 - Reached Croyon office
12.35 - Security checking
12.40 - went to 3rd floor reception for token collection. Person asked for completed application form, payment receipt, passports and biometric card. Got the token number and went to the waiting area.
13.00 - called to submit the application to Admin, who collected my passports and supporting documents. She put my case documents in a file and asked me to keep it.
13.15 - called to give biometrics, 10 mins, handed over my case file to the person and then went to waiting area.
On the tv screens, you can see how your number is progressing through various stages of application and exactly 1 hour later, i was called to the counter.
14.15 - the lady at the counter told me that my application had been successful and I would be getting the permit card by post. She returned back my passports and other original documents, except the employer letter.
So, in total, it took around 1.5 hours and no questions were asked and no dealings with the case worker either. Big relief.
21/01/14 - Got the Biometric permit card by post. Now that's amazing, in 2 working days. Permit valid until 17/01/2014.
So, in the end, well pleased with how things went.
1. Appointment booking confirmation
2. Payment receipt print out
3. SET(O) form with 2 passport size photographs
4. Passports (Current and Old)
5. Current Biometric Permit card
6. Life in the UK test pass letter - i cleared the test on 4th Jan
7. PBS calculator printout along with Original Degree Certificate from India. Same degree used in previous Tier 2 applications.
8. 6 months Salary slips including the latest one for Jan
9. 6 months bank statement, both current account and savings account
10. Employer letter confirming my SOC code, salary, Job and my absences (120 days).
Other documents i had with me, but didn't submit:
1. Employment history from HMRC for last 5 years
2. Utility Bills for last 2 years.
3. Work Permit copy from 2008
4. Some guidance documents from UKBA regarding PBS calculator and calculating continuous period.
The Admin lady who registered my case simply asked me to provide the documents as listed in the application form checklist and any other supporting documents, including copies. She didn't ask me any questions on anything. So, I assume whatever I provided was fine for my case.
But funnily, I realised, after collecting all my original documents back that I had completely forgotten to give her photocopies of ANY document. Luckily, it didn't cause any problem, and I didn't realise this at all while waiting for 1 hour. It was only when I checked my bag before leaving, I saw the full set of photocopies still in my bag. Phew, I don't know what happened, but they didn't say anything.
This forum has been really helpful in managing my application and whatever questions I had, thanks all for that.