ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sana64

ILR

Post by Sana64 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:18 pm

Dear all
I am applying for my ILRon a tier 2 basis working as a doctor next month
My question is I Have been in the country for 4 and half yers
My first COS in 2014 lasted for 6 months
The next Cos was of 2 years but I left the trust earlier
The problem which I have they issued the COS with a Title of senior clinical fellow
But I was asked to work as a Senior SHO as written in my salary slips
so will it be a problem with the home office
I shall be grateful for your answers
Thank you

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: ILR

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Sana64 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:18 pm
Dear all
I am applying for my ILRon a tier 2 basis working as a doctor next month
My question is I Have been in the country for 4 and half yers
My first COS in 2014 lasted for 6 months
The next Cos was of 2 years but I left the trust earlier
The problem which I have they issued the COS with a Title of senior clinical fellow
But I was asked to work as a Senior SHO as written in my salary slips
so will it be a problem with the home office
I shall be grateful for your answers
Thank you
Hello,
Please note that not everyone here will understand the abbreviations in medical line. What is SHO?
is the Senior SHO role the same as Senior Clinical Fellow? How do the job descriptions compare?
Your documents should ideally show the same job title you were sponsored for (indicated in your COS).
If your job title or role has changed, then this should have been communicated to the UKVI through the SMS.

Also, if you don't mind, can you please give more information on your visa timeline? If your first COS was issued in 2014 and you have only been in the country for 4.5 years, it would appear that you do not yet qualify for ILR.
You need to be on Tier 2 visa for 5 years (you can apply 28 days before you complete your 5 years).
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:16 am

the role of senior clinical fellow is quite different from senior SHO...... one conduct quite a lot of research, one is not. you may need to check will your role fall into different SOC code.... ?

correct any error before you apply for ILR will be the key.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.