Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR traffic offence

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

ILR traffic offence

Post by cprav » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi,
I will be applying for ILR next year. I have read all the requirement for ILR and i found about traffic offence. I need some clarrification about one incident that happened one years ago, A police officer stopped me on the way when I was driving with my indian licence (also holding provisional UK driving license). I thought that my indian licence is valid for a year everytime from the date of entry into the UK. But I was told by police officer that my indian licence is valid for a year from the date when i first entered into the UK, hence my licence status was provisional because i was holding UK provisional licence. I received summons from court , then I pleaded guilty by post, then I received £65 fine and I got 3 points on my licence from coourt . The DVLA offence code was LC20 ( Drive motor vehicle otherwise than accordance with a licence- endorsable offence)

Under Endorsements section in counterpart My offence was saying;
[
Offence code:LC 20 and Fine: £65 Penalty points:03 There was nothing in Disqal period



Can you guys please help me? Wheather am I eligible for ILR or not with this offence.

Thank you for all of your help in advance....

mk357
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: ILR traffic offence

Post by mk357 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 pm

cprav wrote:Hi,
I will be applying for ILR next year. I have read all the requirement for ILR and i found about traffic offence. I need some clarrification about one incident that happened one years ago, A police officer stopped me on the way when I was driving with my indian licence (also holding provisional UK driving license). I thought that my indian licence is valid for a year everytime from the date of entry into the UK. But I was told by police officer that my indian licence is valid for a year from the date when i first entered into the UK, hence my licence status was provisional because i was holding UK provisional licence. I received summons from court , then I pleaded guilty by post, then I received £65 fine and I got 3 points on my licence from coourt . The DVLA offence code was LC20 ( Drive motor vehicle otherwise than accordance with a licence- endorsable offence)

Under Endorsements section in counterpart My offence was saying;
[
Offence code:LC 20 and Fine: £65 Penalty points:03 There was nothing in Disqal period



Can you guys please help me? Wheather am I eligible for ILR or not with this offence.

Thank you for all of your help in advance....
What visa type are you on now? ie under which category would you apply for the ILR?

cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

Post by cprav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:52 am

Thank you, I am now On Tier 1 General visa,please advise me..Thank you for yur responce.

rajesh_kumar01
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:15 pm
Location: Excel 2003

Re: ILR traffic offence

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 am

cprav wrote:Hi,
I will be applying for ILR next year. I have read all the requirement for ILR and i found about traffic offence. I need some clarrification about one incident that happened one years ago, A police officer stopped me on the way when I was driving with my indian licence (also holding provisional UK driving license). I thought that my indian licence is valid for a year everytime from the date of entry into the UK. But I was told by police officer that my indian licence is valid for a year from the date when i first entered into the UK, hence my licence status was provisional because i was holding UK provisional licence. I received summons from court , then I pleaded guilty by post, then I received £65 fine and I got 3 points on my licence from coourt . The DVLA offence code was LC20 ( Drive motor vehicle otherwise than accordance with a licence- endorsable offence)

Under Endorsements section in counterpart My offence was saying;
[
Offence code:LC 20 and Fine: £65 Penalty points:03 There was nothing in Disqal period



Can you guys please help me? Wheather am I eligible for ILR or not with this offence.

Thank you for all of your help in advance....
You were convicted through court . So You will have to spent you conviction before you can get ILR. (It takes 5 years to spent your conviction from date of conviction)
Sorry

Regards

cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

Post by cprav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 am

Thank you for your prompt reponse, Is there any other way that i can extend my visa after completing 5 years on Tier1.(Offence will be spent in 2013),will finish my tier1 in 2012 (5 years) so is there any otherway to exetend one more yoaer inorder to apply for ILR in 2013.

sorry for keep asking ......thank you for your help.

blay1
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

Post by blay1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 am

cprav wrote:Thank you for your prompt reponse, Is there any other way that i can extend my visa after completing 5 years on Tier1.(Offence will be spent in 2013),will finish my tier1 in 2012 (5 years) so is there any otherway to exetend one more yoaer inorder to apply for ILR in 2013.

sorry for keep asking ......thank you for your help.
Did you personally go to court for the fine or it was through the post? If it was through the post then you are fine in applying for the ILR cos you don't have a criminal offence but otherwise then you have. You can try and apply for a CRB to see if you have an unspent criminal record.

rajesh_kumar01
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:15 pm
Location: Excel 2003

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:14 am

blay1 wrote:
cprav wrote:Thank you for your prompt reponse, Is there any other way that i can extend my visa after completing 5 years on Tier1.(Offence will be spent in 2013),will finish my tier1 in 2012 (5 years) so is there any otherway to exetend one more yoaer inorder to apply for ILR in 2013.

sorry for keep asking ......thank you for your help.
Did you personally go to court for the fine or it was through the post? If it was through the post then you are fine in applying for the ILR cos you don't have a criminal offence but otherwise then you have. You can try and apply for a CRB to see if you have an unspent criminal record.
I don;t think so. Even if he did not go to court proceeding he is convicted.
I think you are talking about penalty letter which we get from Police. If one play penalty at first instance (do not Challenge ) then it is not a criminal offense . But if one did not pay (any reason/ address change , lost letter , challenged ) it will go to the court and then person will be convicted . It doesn't matter whether he was present or not.

good luck

Struggler
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Struggler » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 am

Since you have enough time for ILR, just apply for a Basic Disclosure and be 100% sure if you have a unspent conviction or not. It will save you the stress....

cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

Post by cprav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Thank you ,rajesh, Blay1, struggler,I pleaded guilty by post. can any one advise me how to apply basic disclosure........

Struggler
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Struggler » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Visit the "Disclosure Scotland" website.

Apply for a Basic Disclosure online or through post.

It costs £25 and you will get the results in 2 weeks.

Let me know if any problems

cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

Post by cprav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm

Struggler...Thank you for your advise.......

cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

ILR traffic offence

Post by cprav » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi ,

I have applied scotland basic disclosure and received no convictions.Is this check is enough or else do i need to go through enhanced check for this offence

skumar45
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Post by skumar45 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi cprav

what happend to your ILR then ? Did you apply it yet with the situation you were in ?

gvkr79
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by gvkr79 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 am

Hi cprav,

It will really help if you can update us whether you have managed to get ILR? or not and in which PEO.

Thanks,
Gvkr79

cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

ILR granted with LC20 Offence -recieved from court

Post by cprav » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:10 am

Hi All,

First of all I am really thankful to all members participating and sharing these experiences in this forum.This forum helped me a lot to find out so many doubts regarding my ILR application.

As you all already aware of offences but I just want to share my experience with LC20 traffic offence which i had received summons from court but pleaded guilty by post.

I have provided all documents to home office (ILR application)included court summons and everything what happened on that day of offence.

Case worker went through all these and did not ask any questions at all and granted my visa.

So from my experience I guess there is no problem with LC-20 offence even though it comes from court.

Please drop me if anyone have any doubts about this offence I will give you some more detailed information.

Once again thank you all in this forum.


Cprav

cprav
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

Post by cprav » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:11 am

sorry forgot to say my visa granted in croydon home office

Locked