ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under JR and contract jobs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

chokmah
Newly Registered

ILR under JR and contract jobs

Post by chokmah » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:02 pm

The help from this forum has been great.

I came into UK June 2, 2007 and covered by HSMP JR. I'm due for ILR in June 2012 but I was made redundant in Oct 2011, payment came thru in Nov 2011 but no payslip as it was money owed me by employer. i couldnt secure a job till now so started a couple of temp jobs in March 2012. Spoke with a solicitor about using PEO in May (was able to secure appointment for 28th May) and he advised that I should rather post as my case is not straight forward. Also Accountant friend advised not to use limited company but just register with HMRC as self-employed and money paid directly into my account.

Do i need a solicitor (can't even afford one)? should I cancel my PEO appointment and post?

Please your helpful advice will be appreciated.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi

Just some quick questions, that's pretty much understandable that you've gone through a redundancy and all that, haven't you got 12 months of bank statements on which you can claim your points.

Well to be honest with you hiring a lawyer is not an easy job they're really expensive and hard to afford I agree. I would highly recommend you that just stick to this forum.You'll get live people's experiences of PEO appointments and many more useful informations which is simple invaluable for any person.

Good luck for your ILR.

chokmah
Newly Registered

Post by chokmah » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks for your response.
As I'm under JR, I don't need points but to show economic activity. I only started getting paid this year March since Oct last year (4 mths of no economic activity) And i can only show 2 mths after redundancy i.e march and April as i have to put in application in May.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi

To be honest with you mate I am not an expert. but I can advice you that don't cancel your PEO appointment and take all of your bank statements with you and also along with your P60's just tell them that you've been made redundant you haven't claimed any benefits and the things like that and just tell them that now you're working again that's more important I think.

Also do consult some more senior members and Gurus or Moderators of this forum probably they'll advice you a bit more better than me.

Good luck for your ILR.

chokmah
Newly Registered

Post by chokmah » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 am

Please, how do i get the more senior members and Gurus or Moderators of this forum to contribute? The earlier i know my best option the better as its just a few weeks i have left!!!

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:39 am

Hi

Try sending them private email message from this forum.

Good luck for your ILR.