ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under mixed Tier2PBS and Student Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

measles1987
Newly Registered
Malaysia

ILR under mixed Tier2PBS and Student Visa

Post by measles1987 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:48 pm

Hi,

I have lived in the UK for almost 5 years with my already ILR partner.

I came here under Tier 4 since January 2017 for 1.5years living with her and then have obtained a Tier 2 PBS for 3.5 years.

Would I qualify for ILR on Dec 2021?

I would greatly appreciate any response and help.

secret.simon

Re: ILR under mixed Tier2PBS and Student Visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:55 pm

You can only mix different types of visas under the 10 Year Long Residence route.

The earliest you would be eligible for ILR would be 28 days before the fifth anniversary of being granted the Tier 2 visa, assuming that you meet the requirements (of being employed by that employer and they being willing to issue you a letter stating that they will need you for the 'foreseeable future') on the completion of the five years.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.