ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

swasel
Newly Registered

ILR-URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED

Post by swasel » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi,

I entered UK 11 Jan 2006. My Visa expiry is on 07-01-2008. My employer applied workpermit extension and got the extension letter on 05-01-2008. Since I was expecting emergency travel plans with in one or two months, i preferred to apply for FLR in person at PEO, Croydon.
I got appointment only on 19-01-2008. I got my visa extended on 19-01-2008 at Croydon. Now it is due for ILR during Jan 2011.

My visa extension happened on 19-01-08 which leaves a gap of 11 days between my first visa (Entry Clearance Visa) and second visa (Residence permit Visa i.e. extension). Will this be an issue while applying for ILR.
I was with a single employer through the period of 5 years. I have P60 for all 5 years.

Please clarify me the following:

1) In my case which PEO will be best? Some friends suggesting to apply Sheffield PEO. I got a feeling to apply at Croydon as my visa got extended without any problem at Croydon.

2) Any proof I need to show why I applied in person than applying in post as applying in person will create a gap between the EC & extension visa.

3) While applying whether we need to deduct the 11 days gap for the qualifying period. My 5 year will be completing on 07-01-2011. Hence, 28 days before this date will be 14-12-2010. Can I apply from 14-12-2010 or I need add 11 more days due to gap leaving the application date to be 25-12-2010.

Since my WP got extended before visa expiry and I was with same employer I think I will not face any problem.

If any of the friends got similar experience and got ILR, please share with me so that I will carry any additional documents than that the standard requirement.

Thanks in advance

Swasel

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:36 pm