ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Ancestry Visa - including spouse's finances on online form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cs0989
Newly Registered
Canada

RE: Applying for ILR include dependent child born in the UK?

Post by cs0989 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the UK on a UK Ancestry Visa (as a Canadian citizen) and have been here since Feb 2013 (renewed once with FLR).
My wife has been in the UK for the same length of time on an accompanying spouse visa (also renewed with FLR).

We are currently in the process of applying for ILR for myself (via 5 year continuous residence), and her as an accompanying dependent spouse.

We have a son who was born in the UK in 2018. When he was born we added him to the FLR, and his dependent Visa is valid until Dec 2022.

Our understanding is that we do NOT need to include my son on the ILR application, because since he was born in the UK, as soon as either of us are granted ILR my son would qualify for full British Citizenship (and thus not need ILR). Once we receive ILR we would then go through the process of applying for his British passport (at some point before his visa expires in 2022).

Is this correct?
Additionally, even if we are not including him in the application as a dependent, should we mention in the application that we have a child together who was born in the UK, or just leave out all mention of him entirely in the ILR application?

Thank you to anyone who can help clarify this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: RE: Applying for ILR include dependent child born in the UK?

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Your understanding is correct. The child does not require ilr if you will register child as British.

A UK born child also does not require a valid visa to register as British as they have an entitlement to register.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs0989
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: RE: Applying for ILR include dependent child born in the UK?

Post by cs0989 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

cs0989
Newly Registered
Canada

ILR via Ancestry Visa - including spouse's finances on online form

Post by cs0989 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi,

Any guidance or help on this question would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently in the process of applying for ILR for myself and my wife. We have lived in the UK since 2013 with myself on a UK Ancestry Visa, and her on a spousal accompanying visa (which includes ability to work). We have both been working in the UK since 2013.

Due to an absence from the country, we renewed the ancestry visa with FLR in 2018. Now that there has been a full five years without absences, we are applying for ILR.

Using the online form SET(O) I've reached the section "Your home and finances" and can enter the mortgage, and my pay each month, but there is nowhere to enter my spouse's income.

On the previous applications (initial UK Ancestry and FLR), we included her income, and showed wage slips, etc. Based off the old SET(O) form (prior to the switch to online) there used to be a table to indicate "sources and levels of income". However, with the current online form there is no option to provide anything other than my wages, and "Does a relative or friend of you or your spouse or partner (if applicable) regularly give you money?"

Should I put my wife's salary in the 'regularly give you money' section? Or put our combined income in the 'What is your pay each month'?
Or is there some other way to indicate the second source of income? I assume I will be able to upload wages slips and P60s for both myself and her, but it seems odd to not provide the total on the application rather than just the supporting documents.

Or am I just overthinking this? I believe there isn't a listed financial requirement (so no specific set amount of income) via the UK Ancestry route, but it does say that I need to show that I can support myself (and my spouse), so I assume we need to show something???

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR via Ancestry Visa - including spouse's finances on online form

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:46 pm

There is no specific evidence. Simply upload whatever financial evidence you two have. Answers on the form are not taken strongly
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice