Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

ILR visa

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
Beenu Thapa
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:23 pm

ILR visa

Post by Beenu Thapa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi ,

I entered in uk in 17th may 2016 on my spouse visa then i renewed my extension visa in 27th november 2018 . I got visa until 24th june 2021. But my problem is i am having problem with my husband and i am trying to workout things with my husband but if in future my marriage didnot workout and he declined to give me visa or with my ILR visa what will be my options . Please advice


User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 8:15 pm
Location: UK

Re: ILR visa

Post by bizman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Depending on the cause of the problem and the status of your relationship, you might have good grounds to stay away from him but you will have to inform home Office about this so they can advise on the best way to handle your immigration status.

If it involves violence and it can be proven, then it’s possible but if you are the one that is wrong it might be difficult.

Always I advise people to try and iron out there differences. You can’t get a perfect person but can work things out with understanding

User avatar
Posts: 11485
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK

Re: ILR visa

Post by Zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:00 am

Spouse visa is issued based the condition of a subsisting genuine relationship. If that ceases to be the case, then generally the expectation is that you should leave either before your visa runs out or when the UKVI curtails your leave. It may not be as straightforward if domestic violence is suspected or children are involved
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

Post Reply