ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain Application, I need your help guys :((((

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TeeKayTea
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Indefinite Leave to Remain Application, I need your help guys :((((

Post by TeeKayTea » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:32 pm

Hi every one, my name is Truong, 25 years old from Vietnam. Am a refuge.

My biometric ID expired last year on 31st August 2020. I made a mistake and created an ILR application on the 2019 because I thought my id would expire on that year, idiot me. Because the application was created and applied 1 year earlier that it supposed to, it got rejected 1 month after the submitted day, but for some reason, the home office did not send me any letter to tell me they have rejected that application, so I booked and attended an appointment with UKVCAS and enrolled my biometric/also sent all my current documents like travel document, ID, to the first application that already been rejected without knowing it.

However, after like half year haven't heard from the HO, I called/messaged them and found out my first application got rejected already, before I send all my documents. So I created a second application on 2020 before my ID expire. I made a request to the HO to ask them to return my documents so I can do a biometric enrollment for the second application, sadly I have been waiting for ages and still have not heard from the HO. My second application date is about to expire, I have around 30 more days before it end. What should I do in this case? I tried to contact the HO again to ask for advise but can never get hold of them after so many tries. The line always seems busy.

Should I still book and attend UKVCAS biometric scan appointment without any form of Ids, and get my finger prints/picture taken send along with a cover letter explain the situation?

Or should I try to apply for a expired biometric card replacement (this will also require a UKVCAS biometric scan appointment) to get my Id back for the 2nd application, but that mean I might not be able to complete my IRL application on time. Would it be affect?

The last option would be hiring an immigrant solicitor but am having a difficult with my finance because of covid impact

Please guys, if anyone expert on this can give me an advise. I am so worry of the situation that I feel like am turning crazy.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Application, I need your help guys :((((

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:55 am

First of all who told you to send any physical documents to the UKVI ?? This has not been a requirement since 2018 :?
Also what documents did you send to the UKVI ?? Do you have your passport ?? You do NOT need to get a new BRP if you do not have one
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

TeeKayTea
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by TeeKayTea » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:55 am
First of all who told you to send any physical documents to the UKVI ?? This has not been a requirement since 2018 :?
Also what documents did you send to the UKVI ?? Do you have your passport ?? You do NOT need to get a new BRP if you do not have one
I only had travel document and brp (refuge) card, no one told me to send physical documents, but when I attended my UKVCAS appoinement, they scanned these and and didnt give me back any thing. So these sent to HO with my first application that already been rejected. The documents probably stuck somewhere now I dnt know T _ T

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Oh dear. UKVCAS agents have no right to take any documents from you. They are a third party and have no involvement with decision making at all. They also send NOTHING physically to the UKVI. All those documents must have been returned to you after scanning. You must assume those documents are all lost I am afraid. You can use an alternative form of ID at your appointment.

From UKVCAS FAQ page:
What forms of ID must I bring to my UKVCAS appointment?
You must bring your current passport / travel document with you to the Service Point or you risk being turned away from your appointment.

If you don’t have your passport / travel document you must bring an alternative form of ID.

If your current passport is with UKVI at the time of your appointment and you can provide evidence to explain this, you will be able to continue with your appointment providing you also bring an alternative form of ID to your appointment.

Alternative forms of photographic ID may include:

National ID card
Expired (but not cancelled) passport or biometric residence permit/card
Government issued photographic ID such as UK photographic driving licenses (full or provisional)
Convention travel document (CTD), Certificate of identity document (CID) or Stateless person document (SPD).
If you do not have alternative photographic ID:

bring any other official document that contains your personal details, such as an immigration status document from the Home Office or a full birth certificate
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

TeeKayTea
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by TeeKayTea » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:05 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:46 pm
Oh dear. UKVCAS agents have no right to take any documents from you. They are a third party and have no involvement with decision making at all. They also send NOTHING physically to the UKVI. All those documents must have been returned to you after scanning. You must assume those documents are all lost I am afraid. You can use an alternative form of ID at your appointment.

From UKVCAS FAQ page:
What forms of ID must I bring to my UKVCAS appointment?
You must bring your current passport / travel document with you to the Service Point or you risk being turned away from your appointment.

If you don’t have your passport / travel document you must bring an alternative form of ID.

If your current passport is with UKVI at the time of your appointment and you can provide evidence to explain this, you will be able to continue with your appointment providing you also bring an alternative form of ID to your appointment.

Alternative forms of photographic ID may include:

National ID card
Expired (but not cancelled) passport or biometric residence permit/card
Government issued photographic ID such as UK photographic driving licenses (full or provisional)
Convention travel document (CTD), Certificate of identity document (CID) or Stateless person document (SPD).
If you do not have alternative photographic ID:

bring any other official document that contains your personal details, such as an immigration status document from the Home Office or a full birth certificate
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq
You are a life saver, I cant stress enough how much it helped me. Am going to book an appointment for biometric scan now. Tks a lot !!