ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Extended stay outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vishami4u
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Extended stay outside UK

Post by vishami4u » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 am

Hi Members

Could you pl advise if I am eligible to file for ILR given the below facts

I obtained the first HSMP visa on December 2005 for one year (old scheme) and further four years' extension in October 2006 (as rules changed to allow ILR after 5 years stay). These visas run out in December 2010 and after Judicial review I became eligible for ILR after 4 years viz. December 2009.

However, as during this period I spent two and half years outside the country for employment purposes - my UK employer sent me to their global office operations in the USA, would it be counted towards my continuous stay in the UK or I have violated the terms of the scheme and hence wouldn't be eligible for the ILR? FYI- my salary slips during the period of stay in the USA were generated by the USA office and credited into the USA Bank account

Any genuine advice kindly appreciated!

Thanks!

lkpone

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - Extended stay outside UK

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:35 pm

vishami4u wrote:FYI- my salary slips during the period of stay in the USA were generated by the USA office and credited into the USA Bank account
Hi

I think this is the crucial bit and unfortunately, I think it needs to have been credited to a UK bank account, in sterling for you to still qualify.

I'm no expert though, so wait for expert opinion or search the forum, there are loads of other questions just like this one - which is where I've gleaned this knowledge from! :)

So it doesn't look good, BUT... wait for expert opinion :)

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:30 am

i second that. Unfortunately they wont accept this. Rules are pretty clear that you need to be based in UK for 5 years. How can you prove this when not only you are living abroad but also getting paid abroad which means you have no relation to country (except having a stamp in your passport)...