ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain - HELP PLEASE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nazia2010
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain - HELP PLEASE

Post by nazia2010 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:57 am

hi i need help guys,
well my husband came over here in january 2009, and his 2 years of spouce visa is all most up, need to apply for ILTR but i dont know what documents i need or were to start from..
can some one please be kind enough and tell me what i need, as in everything, so when we apply i wont miss anything out,
i am a permanet resident i had a baby boy last year november, someone please tell me...:)
thanks in advance

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Download form SET(M) from the UKBA website. The guide notes will tell you in detail what documents are required. Has your husband passed the Life in the UK test or completed an approved ESOL citizens course? He won't be granted ILR unless he has one or the other of these.
What was his date of entry into the UK? He can apply no earlier than 28 days before the equivalent date and no later than the visa expiry date.
Fees from the 1st October will be £1250 if ILR is applied for in person by prior appointment at one of the Home Office PEO's, or £900 if the application is sent by post.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Casa wrote:He can apply no earlier than 28 days before the equivalent date and no later than the visa expiry date.
Settlement application as a spouse / partner, when entry in the UK is delayed by upto 3 months, is subject to a concession.

regards

nazia2010
Newly Registered

Post by nazia2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Casa wrote:Download form SET(M) from the UKBA website. The guide notes will tell you in detail what documents are required. Has your husband passed the Life in the UK test or completed an approved ESOL citizens course? He won't be granted ILR unless he has one or the other of these.
What was his date of entry into the UK? He can apply no earlier than 28 days before the equivalent date and no later than the visa expiry date.
Fees from the 1st October will be £1250 if ILR is applied for in person by prior appointment at one of the Home Office PEO's, or £900 if the application is sent by post.
he has passed his test last week, the life in the uk one, he came to the uk on 26th january, on his passport his visa expires in april 2011, so i dont know when to take he documents, when should i go with him to the office? do they give th stamp on the day if he is successfull? so ideali when should he apply? I have read the guidance notes but it doesnt say anything aprt frm the test which he has it says nothing bout payslips or bank statements. what do i send? and we have a child aswell do i need to send anything of his
thank you :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Section 10 of Form SET(M) lists documents required..bank statements, pay slips, proof of joint address spread over the 2 years etc.
I've already told you when you can apply with your husband. See previous post. To make it clear, he can apply no earlier than 28 days before his (equivalent) entry date 26th January..and no later than the visa expiry date.

nazia2010
Newly Registered

Post by nazia2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Casa wrote:Section 10 of Form SET(M) lists documents required..bank statements, pay slips, proof of joint address spread over the 2 years etc.
I've already told you when you can apply with your husband. See previous post. To make it clear, he can apply no earlier than 28 days before his (equivalent) entry date 26th January..and no later than the visa expiry date.
we live with my parents so what do i send regarding that i got a utility bill in our name, i dont need to apply with him, see my previous post i am a british citizen, but i was enquiring about my son, so do i need to send anything regarding him? hate to sound dumb do you know where i could find the address from we are going to apply in person,

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:42 pm

If your husband is applying in person, you'll need to attend with him, or write a letter explaining why you can't be there. Your child won't be applying for a visa, so doesn't need to attend.
Do you have nothing more in the 2 years than one utility bill showing you're living together at the same address? Letters, bank statements??
What part of the country do you live?
You may be better to apply by post. It's cheaper too.

nazia2010
Newly Registered

Post by nazia2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:50 pm

ok we live in milton keynes, yeh it looks alot cheaper, we will apply by post, do i need to send my passport with the documents? we got a joint statements, i cant think of anything else to be honest,

i can get my parents to write a letter stating that that we have been living here for the last 2 years...

thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Any doctors/hospital letters? Submit a letter from your parents explaining why few documents/bills etc are in your names.
You will need to include your own passport with the application.