ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain- Help Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amit14nov
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain- Help Please

Post by amit14nov » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for ILR in another one week.

I have got few queries. Will be greatful if someone can provide an answer

. I am currently sharing a property with one of my friend. The contract is on both of our names. The rent (£1200) is being paid by from my bank account and at the end of each month my friend transfers the rent and plus the expenses in one transaction (Approx £650-£700). In Form O, under section 5 their are below five different options.

Is your home in the UK
a. Owned by you
b. Rented from a local authority or housing association
c. privately rented by you
d. owned or rented by relative or friend
e. others give details below

Can someone please let me know which option do i have to select from the above in my scenario?

Also, What amount should i put for section 5.4 "Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?". Please conside the fact that the amount paid by him is different every month and it's alwayd paid in one transaction.

. Also, i am doing contract work and i am using one of the umbrella company which takes care of my salary along with the tax deductions.
The salary being paid by them is very less (£840) and the rest of the money is paid by the trust as interest free loan. As my rent is £1200 but i am getting very less salary, Is it going to have any impact on the outcome of the application made?

The concern over here is that the case worker might ask how you are going to support yourself and dependents by considering the fact your rent is on the higher side as comapred to your salary.

In hope of reply from somebody...

Thanks
Amit

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 pm

c. Rented privately by you. (It makes no difference that somebody else is also on the lease agreement, you still have a private tenancy). I guess if you're unsure, you could put the last option and then explain that you have a private rental with somebody else, but as that'll be obvious from the tenancy agreement that you supply, I think c will be fine.

Section 5.4 answer is no - unless it's true. But in terms of the rental amount, the answer is no, because they are not giving you money to support yourself, this is simply a payment for rent and bills.

As for your umbrella company q, wait for expert opinion :wink:

Lindsay