ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Set (M) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sfw2020
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Set (M) form

Post by sfw2020 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Hello,

Apologies for rambling on in advance.

I hope someone who may have completed the application for settlement recent can offer some advice and insight from their application. We got some horrible advice and felt like we were ripped off for the spouse visa extension and so, we are looking to make the application ourselves this time.

I am soon looking to apply for settlement after the end of my 5 years spouse visa to a UK citizen. After going through the form online, we are stumbled on section that is asking us to submit:

"6 letters and/or other documents address to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years".

I understand that they are looking for "items" in joint names, or they will accept 2 items sent individually which will be equivalent to one letter addressed to us jointly.

So, in our case, we can provide:

1. bank statements from a joint account, e.g. dated July 2018, July 2019, July 2020.
2. water bills in joint names, e.g. dated July 2018, July 2019, July 2020.
3. council tax bills in joint names, e.g. billed for 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020.
4. mobile phone bills in separate names x 2, e.g. dated July 2018, July 2019, July 2020.
5. bank statements in separate names x2, e.g. dated July 2018, July 2019, July 2020.

This is where we are stumped. Any suggestions on what else can can submit for the 6th? Internet bills and gas electric bills have changed providers recently and are in my name only (with the possibility of adding husband's name on gas/electricity bill).

A friend who applied recently said she submitted duplicates of the same item, e.g. joint bank statements dated July 2018 and another July 2020 and those statements acted as 2 "items" out of the 6. Has anyone found this to be correct? We had to submit multiple bank statements across the 2.5yrs last time and was advised that counted as 1 "item".

I hope someone reads this and can offer us some help. If so, thank you in advance and your time.

yours faithfully,
Y

geoeng
Canada

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - Set (M) form

Post by geoeng » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:44 am

An "item" is just a piece of correspondence. So each separate bank statement received would be an item, each separate bill received would be an item. They have to be from at least 3 different sources, which it looks like you have. The dates of the items should be spread roughly evenly over the previous two years prior to the application date, so about 4 months apart (i.e. don't send all the items dated in July of different years, spread them out more across the time period if you can).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

sfw2020
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - Set (M) form

Post by sfw2020 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:59 am

Thank you Geoeng for your reply. It seems like my friend's understanding of it is correct and I would have enough supporting documents.

I hope someone may read this can find it helpful or want to reply. That would be appreciated too!