ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain (Tier 2 - ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Swas05
Newly Registered
India

Indefinite Leave to Remain (Tier 2 - ILR)

Post by Swas05 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi guys,
I had a question in regards to the salary requirement for ILR - Tier 2 route and if someone can please assist me with this.

My SOC is Chemical scientist and the experienced rate is £29,000 which I do qualify. But having read the Point based system for Tier 2 Salary requirement it says £30,000 or appropriate salary whichever is higher.

Does the £30,000 minimum salary rule for Tier 2 visa extension get applied to ILR - Tier 2 route application or will the £29,000 be alright as I come under the exemption from £35,500.

Any guidance on this will be helpful.!

srsw

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain (Tier 2 - ILR)

Post by srsw » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Minimum earnings threshold
You must provide proof that you earn £35,800 a year or more (the ‘minimum earnings threshold’) in the main job you’re sponsored for.

If you’re paid hourly, you can only count what you’re paid for up to 48 hours a week to calculate your earnings.

When you’re exempt
You do not have to earn £35,800 if the main job you’re sponsored for:

-is a PhD level job listed in the Codes of Practice
has a shortage of workers

-was in the shortage of workers list in the last 6 years
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.