ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRL after relationship breakdown

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

XaVior
Newly Registered
Chile

IRL after relationship breakdown

Post by XaVior » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:01 am

Hello everyone,

My problem is:

Facts/timeline:

I came to the UK in July 2009 with a student visa.

I renewed my visa based on the same category until January 2019.

I met my English partner in 2013 and moved with him in 2014.

We are both bisexual.

On September 2019 I applied for my Ph.D. but unsuccessful to obtain my CAS. Reason being, a new immigration policy that prevents student to attain CAS letter if have been in the UK for the last 5 years, consecutively. :?:

Accepted my partner's kind offer to renew my Leave on basis of the same-sex unmarried partner.

Submit my application for a same-sex unmarried partner with all the supporting document in February 2019 and successfully received my Leave in March 2019.

As part of my application, we both had to signed a paper confirming "We are intending to leave together forever"

In July 2019 I applied for my ILR on the basis of long residence (10-year lawful residence in the UK) and successfully obtained my ILR on the same day. My ILR application was not based on marriage or partnership it was based on the 10-year lawful residence. :D

My partner is now falling in love with another woman and live with her in another town. :shock: :shock:

He has also informed that he has contacted HO to letting them know we are no longer in a relationship. :cry:

Despite being depressed and really shocked, I have to know if this situation has any impact on my ILR? I know we have signed the paper saying we were planning to live to gather forever, and actually we were buying a property in the UK and one abord in Spain. But now he has decided to hold on our plans since he has got back with her again.

He used to date the lady before and happened to meet her a few months an ago and apparently they got back together and in love again.

So my question is whether this has any impact on my ILR.

Thank you for your help.

Casa

Re: IRL after relationship breakdown

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:05 am

Once you were granted ILR you were no longer under Immigration control and separation from your partner won't have any relevance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IRL after relationship breakdown

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:07 am

No effect on ilr and no requirement to inform ho of relationship breakdown.

Ok highly doubt the paper you signed specifically said live together "forever"!!

Edit : beaten by casa :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.