ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AshokCoir
Newly Registered

Language Requirements

Post by AshokCoir » Tue May 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm just getting ready to apply for ILR. I'm not very sure about the below
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English.
It's pretty clear that I need to submit my original degree certificate and UK NARIC (comparability) certificate confirming the UK equivalent level of my degree. Along with these should I also submit letter from my universirty confirming that the degree was taught in English?, doesn't the UK NARIC certificate prove that it was taught in English? Could you please advise.

Thanks,
Ashok

AshokCoir
Newly Registered

Re: Language Requirements

Post by AshokCoir » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Looks like I need to submit both the UK NARIC Statement of Comparability and the letter from my University confirming that my degree was taught in English. Could the seniors shed some light on this? It would be really helpful for others as well as none of the threads say this clearly.

Many Thanks,
Ashok

salimisaf
Newly Registered
India

Re: Language Requirements

Post by salimisaf » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:24 am

Kinldy note response from Croydon Home Office: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 10331.html