ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hossain01
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Hossain01 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi Saj626,
Congratulation.
I just wanted to know, if I post my Long recidency application 28 days before
1. can I upgrade to premium service?
2. How Can I do that?
3. In this case, Do I need to go to the premium centre ?
Thanks.
Regards,
Hossain

shadar
Newly Registered

Post by shadar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi guys, have a question re SET (LR) application form. Clause A6 asks for payment information, however I am going to use a premium service and have already paid for my application. Should I just skip this bit? My worry is that UKBA will charge me again for the same thing. Cheers

shadar
Newly Registered

Post by shadar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:22 pm

shadar wrote:Hi guys, have a question re SET (LR) application form. Clause A6 asks for payment information, however I am going to use a premium service and have already paid for my application. Should I just skip this bit? My worry is that UKBA will charge me again for the same thing. Cheers
Actually, there are a lot of fields where i have no space to add additional info (for example there is only one field for extra passport and i hold 3). Should I just write between the lines?

liverpool1
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool1 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:22 pm

october2013 wrote:Hello all, please a quick advise. I got my ILR over a yr ago. My hubby currently has a spousal 10 yr route 30 month Visa. He was only issued this in February though he will be 10 yrs in the UK in August
Is he able to still apply for ILR or is he stuck with the 10 yr spouse dependant visa
It will be 10 years continuous legal residence either way. Just need to to fill the ILR form in august, he will b ok.

liverpool1
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool1 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Moon84 wrote:Dear Friends,
I will apply ILR (LR) in September 2016. I am currently on Tier 1 visa could you please advise me that any tax issues if I apply on 10 years basis. Anybody in same situation and also I pass life in the UK test in Jun 2014 I can still use this pass notification letter or I need to pass life in the UK test again. thank you
Best advice from me, sort it out if you can and dont leave any hole. when applying for a british passport, it will cause a big problem if not sorted.
You dont have to pass life in UK test again if you know the test referrence number.

saj626

Post by saj626 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:28 pm

Hossain01 wrote:Hi Saj626,
Congratulation.
I just wanted to know, if I post my Long recidency application 28 days before
1. can I upgrade to premium service?
2. How Can I do that?
3. In this case, Do I need to go to the premium centre ?
Thanks.
Regards,
Hossain
Dear Hossain01

As per Home Office guidance 'Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period'.
as per my understanding you can apply apply within 28 days of qualifying period. please see this link.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf
You can upgrade to premium service once you have posted your application please wait until you receive your case id for upgrade.
please see link it is self explanatory.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

Please seek professional advice just to be in safe side as i am not professional.

Many thanks

Kabocha
Newly Registered

Post by Kabocha » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:33 pm

My Timeline: UPDATE 

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 22 June 2016
Application Received: Not sure
Payment deducted: 24 June 2016
Acknowledgement letter received : 27 July 2016 (By email to the agency)
BRP letter received : Dated 27 July 2016, received 1 August 2016
BRP Done : 2 August 2016 (will go tomorrow)
ILR received: Not yet

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi
This form always helpful for all immigration matters.
From this month I am eligible to apply for 10 year SET (LR) from Tier 1 entrepreneur and planning to go myself premium service.
One of my friend went Glasgow with same circumstance as mine (from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to SET(LR) but HO Officer did his interview and gave him another form to fill( which include the source of income, company details, payslip/dividend, and much more)
In application form or guidance nothing mention to show any income or supporting documents.

anyone else have such a experience please share here.
Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi All,

I passed my life in the uk test today so I am now ready to apply for my ILR based on long residence (10 yrs). I am not sure which option would be better for me; standard or premium. My wife is due to deliver our son in October. From my understanding, if I acquire my ILR before his birth then he will be British Citizen automatically and I will not have to pay anything for his registration. I am looking at the cheapest option here.

My questions:
1.) If I opt for the standard postal application and got the ILR after my son is born, will he be british citizen or will I have to pay extra and apply for his?
2.) How do I apply for SAR? Do I need to send this with my application?

Thank you in advance :)

Tvkumar
Newly Registered

Post by Tvkumar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:59 pm

diasyfrau wrote:This forum was very useful to me ! I successfully applied for Set (LR) at Croydon today and got it which marks the end of a very long 10 year journey. It was all very straightforward and I submitted similar docs to what I have seen many others submit successfully on this forum.

Thanks for everything and keep up the good work! You are making a positive difference in many people and families' lives at a very stressful time.

Best wishes
Daisyfrau
Hi, firstly congratulations for getting ILR. I am also looking to apply for ILR (LR) on 10 yr stay basis. I have been in the UK for 13 yrs. I have a few questions to which I am struggling to get answers. I also posted a question here but no replies. Please could you offer your suggestions to the below if you can.

1. Do I need to provide residency proof (like tenancy agreements, council tax bills etc) for the entire 10 yr period?
2. Do I need to provide relevant education / employment proof during this stay?
3. April 2013 - July 2014: my application for visa extension was rejected. Appealed via solicitors, rejected again. Went to Tribunal and won the appeal. Got initial discretionary visa on family grounds (daughter British citizen) for 2.5 years which finished in Jan 2017. I have the relevant letters from Home Office and Court covering these dates. I am struggling to find out if I could apply in person.

thanks in advance.
vinay

onun39
Newly Registered

Post by onun39 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:05 pm

I want to know if a 3c is considered broken during a period of Judicial Review.I have had two JR's in the past five years, one in 2010 which lasted between 3 to 6months in which the HO accepted to grant me leave to remain based on another qualifying criteria in this case Post-study work, I initially only wanted a student extension at the time and the visa was finally granted in 2011-2013 and another JR was initiated in 2014 after appeal dismissed /debarred by Upper Tribunal so sought JR and asked for case to be transferred to Administrative Court and in which time HO got in touch and granted another limited leave to remain, I am wondering if this all affects Section 3c given the 2014 rules of appeals and 3c and 3d sections. Not very knowledgeable about these things but been advised that my 10year continuous long residence may have been broken cos of this. Any insights would do.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:13 am

Hi Guys,

What documents did you submit for SET LR application?

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Would someone be able to help me pls?

Just currently completing the SET LR form, for D7 it says have you ever stayed in the UK beyong the end of your period of leave? I am not sure what to put.

My first student visa was due to expire on 05/09/07 and I made an application at the PEO on the 04/09/07. But I was sent away to get more evidence by the immigration officer and my visa was therefore granted on the 24/09/2007. Do I put yes or no for the above question?

Please advise. Thank you

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:35 pm

diasyfrau wrote:This forum was very useful to me ! I successfully applied for Set (LR) at Croydon today and got it which marks the end of a very long 10 year journey. It was all very straightforward and I submitted similar docs to what I have seen many others submit successfully on this forum.

Thanks for everything and keep up the good work! You are making a positive difference in many people and families' lives at a very stressful time.

Best wishes
Daisyfrau
Congratulation Daisyfrau
Would you share the list of documents you provide to HO and what was your last visa status.

Thanks

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:52 am

Hi everyone,

I've been a silent reader of this website and just wanted to post about my successful and quite pleasant ILR application at Croydon PEO on 13/08/2016. Hope this helps anyone having a PEO application in the future.

My appointment was for 10am but I managed to get into the building at 9:15am (there was no queue). Everyone from security, through reception, case registration and biometrics were extremely friendly and nice to talk to and treated me with utmost respect (something I haven't seen in the past!).

My case was registered at 9:28am with biometrics done at 9:45am. My case then went into "under consideration" at approx 10am with a decision issued and documents returned by 11:05am.

My application was quite straightforward with no complexities. I entered the country on a Tier 4 visa on 10/06/2006. My immigration history was:

Tier 4 (General) > Tier 1 (Post Study Work) > Tier 2 (General)

The list of documents I provided were:

Application form:
* Application form SET (LR)
* Appointment booking checklist
* Payment confirmation

Supporting documents (with photocopies):
* Passports (1 current & 2 previous)
* Biometric Residence Permit Card
* Life in the UK Test pass letter
* UK Degree Certificate (BSc in Actuarial Science with Placement)
* 2 x Passport photos

I also submitted a covering letter detailing my application and a section on continuous residence explaining my absences from the country.

I wish all of you the best in your applications and the future! :)

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:58 am

Hi guys,

In addition to my post above here is a copy of the cover letter I wrote:

Croydon Premium Service Centre
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

13/08/2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: [FULL NAME], [DATE OF BIRTH], [PASSPORT NUMBER]

Please find in this covering letter details for the application to settle in the United Kingdom (indefinite leave to remain) on the SET (LR) or long residence route.

To support my application I have enclosed the following documents (and photocopies, where necessary):

Application form:
* Payment confirmation

Supporting documents:
* 2 x Passport photos

Continuous Residence

In order to meet the criteria of continuous residence in the United Kingdom I have attached a history of my absences in a table on the following page.

From the table in the following page I have been absent from the United Kingdom for a combined total of 468 days, with no single absence being over 180 days. To aid in your casework I have also supplied the location of the UK entry stamps on each passport submitted.

This table should also complement question D3 under section D “Immigration History” on the SET (LR) form submitted.

I hope the information supplied is sufficient for my application. Should you require further information please do not hesitate to ask.

Yours faithfully,

[FULL NAME]

johngoodman
Newly Registered

FLR once rejected, can still apply long residence (10 years)

Post by johngoodman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Dear members,

I had been the student for last 5 years from 2008, got PSW for two years and after finishing PSW applied for college to study NVQ Level 8 course, but college revoked on Feb, 2015 for my level 8 course. I had applied for FLR(0) on 10 Feb 2015, FLR(0) was rejected on 29thJune, 2016. I again applied FLR(0) on 26th July,2016 within 28 days, and had just received the acknowledgement letter of receiving the application.

It had been altogether 8 years and 3 months in this country. Will I be eligible to apply ILR ( 10 years route) after my 10 years period or my duration of 10 years won't count as my FLR application was rejected on 29th June, 2016

Expert opinions are highly welcomed, please suggest the possible option.

Kind regards
John

helpingperson
BANNED

Re: FLR once rejected, can still apply long residence (10 ye

Post by helpingperson » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:16 pm

johngoodman wrote:Dear members,

I had been the student for last 5 years from 2008, got PSW for two years and after finishing PSW applied for college to study NVQ Level 8 course, but college revoked on Feb, 2015 for my level 8 course. I had applied for FLR(0) on 10 Feb 2015, FLR(0) was rejected on 29thJune, 2016. I again applied FLR(0) on 26th July,2016 within 28 days, and had just received the acknowledgement letter of receiving the application.

It had been altogether 8 years and 3 months in this country. Will I be eligible to apply ILR ( 10 years route) after my 10 years period or my duration of 10 years won't count as my FLR application was rejected on 29th June, 2016

Expert opinions are highly welcomed, please suggest the possible option.

Kind regards
John

I am not sure why your posted here as if it was outside this thread, it would be more clear and get more comments from experts in my view.

From my research on this forum, if you can take this application to 10 years, then you may be fine for ILR, I have come across similar situations on this forum.

You might find below success story useful as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 75137.html

Were there human rights grounds in your FLRO application?

If yes, why you did not appeal directly First Tribunal requesting appeal right?

After couple of months, it may be wise to vary your current application to Long Residence for ILR as this is likely to buy you more time.

I am just trying to help, not giving advice here.

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 pm

waldo3002 wrote:Hi guys,

In addition to my post above here is a copy of the cover letter I wrote:

Croydon Premium Service Centre
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

13/08/2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: [FULL NAME], [DATE OF BIRTH], [PASSPORT NUMBER]

Please find in this covering letter details for the application to settle in the United Kingdom (indefinite leave to remain) on the SET (LR) or long residence route.

To support my application I have enclosed the following documents (and photocopies, where necessary):

Application form:
* Payment confirmation

Supporting documents:
* 2 x Passport photos

Continuous Residence

In order to meet the criteria of continuous residence in the United Kingdom I have attached a history of my absences in a table on the following page.

From the table in the following page I have been absent from the United Kingdom for a combined total of 468 days, with no single absence being over 180 days. To aid in your casework I have also supplied the location of the UK entry stamps on each passport submitted.

This table should also complement question D3 under section D “Immigration History” on the SET (LR) form submitted.

I hope the information supplied is sufficient for my application. Should you require further information please do not hesitate to ask.

Yours faithfully,

[FULL NAME]
Congratulation waldo3002 and thanks for sharing your successful story.

Mikal82

Post by Mikal82 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi
From this month I am eligible to apply for 10 year SET (LR) from Tier 1 entrepreneur and planning to go myself premium service.
One of my friend went Glasgow with same circumstance as mine (from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to SET(LR) but HO Officer did his interview and gave him another form to fill( which include the source of income, company details, payslip/dividend, and much more)
In application form or guidance nothing mention to show any income or supporting documents.

Thanks

Hi bro could u plz tell me wat decision ur friend got for ILR application after entrepreneur ,i hav a same case next month lets c wat gonna happen.Plz advise wat kinda questions were asked and howz the interview done by ur friend.
Thanks alot

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:55 am

MY ILR timeline

Application sent: 16 May 2016
Application Received: 17 May 2016
Payment deducted: 18 May 2016
Automated emails received: 16 June 2016,15 July 2016, 15 August 2016
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : 17 June 2016
BRP Done : 18 June 2016
ILR approval letter received: 22 August (Dated 18 August) by signed for post
BRP received : 22 August 2016

Application done by myself, don't waste your money on solicitor.
Would like to thank all seniors and other members for contributing in this forum. :)

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:58 am

challenge wrote:MY ILR timeline

Application sent: 16 May 2016
Application Received: 17 May 2016
Payment deducted: 18 May 2016
Automated emails received: 16 June 2016,15 July 2016, 15 August 2016
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : 17 June 2016
BRP Done : 18 June 2016
ILR approval letter received: 22 August (Dated 18 August) by signed for post
BRP received : 22 August 2016

Application done by myself, don't waste your money on solicitor.
Would like to thank all seniors and other members for contributing in this forum. :)
Hi Congratulation on your successful application. could you please tell us more about your application what was your current status and what documents you submit with your application.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 pm

@moon84

I came on student in 2006,1st extension in 2008, 2nd extension in 2009 was on hold for almost 18 months and then refused went for appeal and won appeal. HO gave 3 months visa to get new CAS and reapply.
Then applied for PSW which was rejected because of Award date so continued with student.
In 2014 got tier 2 EXPIRING on 16 June 2016, unfortunately sponsor revoked in February 2016 and received curtailment letter CURTAILING MY VISA TILL 21 JUNE 2016 (actually HO extended my visa by 5 days) however by that time i was eligible for LR so applied by postal application and got my BRP on 23 August.

As you can see it was not very straightforward case but some how made it. :)

Mikal82

Post by Mikal82 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:30 pm

bandesha10 wrote:Hi

Thanks
Hi
Bandesha ,
Wat kinda interview was that and wat kinda questions were asked and also wats was the decision hcz i m having the same case in Oct.
Plz reply.
Thanks

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Mikal82 wrote:
bandesha10 wrote:Hi

Thanks
Hi
Bandesha ,
Wat kinda interview was that and wat kinda questions were asked and also wats was the decision hcz i m having the same case in Oct.
Plz reply.
Thanks
Hi
There main focus was if he paid tax in past, asked about his self assessment but later they made positive decision.
Please share if you have any update about this.